Harbor Freight warning???

WME

In the middle of the semi annual solar A/C discussion, the Harbor Freight generators came up, the 2000 w and the 4000 w ones.

Went to HF today to get a new shop roll around tool box. Between the flyers, store and mail prices I found what I wanted at 3 different prices.

HF is starting to sell some good stuff, yeah team, but they still run the place like a flea market.

I checked  the generators out.   The 2000 w was 499.00 store price, 459.00 parking lot sale price, 439.00  special coupon price, and 429.00 super coupon price. The 4000 w was just as bad, 399.00, 359.00, 329.00 and 289.00 super coupon price.

So check every coupon before you buy anything there.

Hey so it takes a little work to get some crazy good deals. Works for me. No coupon at Harbor Freight is still better than buying a similar product anywhere else. Especially for me because every time I put a tool down it mysteriously gets sucked into some kind of black hole and doesn't reappear until I've replaced it.

Linda S

i've noticed in the monthly HF catalog they mail to me, the same exact item may be on three different pages at different prices. once realized, it forces you to browse the entire catalog, and i usually find something else i would like to have.  crafty and excellent marketing ploy on HF's part. not to mention checking on line prices, as well as in store flyer price. it is a little work but i don't mind, in the end, saving a few bucks helps. joe from dover.

I appreciate the heads up on their pricing and coupons.  I will have to be doing extra work if I go there.

I like Linda s coment on tools sucked into the black hole . that me also. so you just buy another pliers . screw driver . nuts bolts pipe parts when found I use all of it . I told my wife and kids it was there job to weed it out after I am horizontal LOL

Edited by 5Toyota
add text

When a friend wants to borrow a tool, I lend him a Harbor Freight. If he doesn't return it, I can just buy another.

agree I used to keep a pair of dollor store pliers at work. they were pretty good but if gone not much too lose .

• 2 months later...
Guest Snailmailtrucker

When I bought my 87 New Horizon back in 2014, it had a Genset 3000 watt generator with 34 hours on it.
It runs fine and powers everything in the Motorhome as it should. But, I saw one of the Harbor Freight 3200/4000 watt generators for sale for $279.00 and I couldn't resist... so, I removed my passenger seat and found a new home for my Backup Backup generator.

Also check their ads in magazines, I get a lot of magazines with Harbor Freight ads with even more different prices than their catalog that month, but make sure to check the dates the ads are good for, often you can go back several months and find a better price that is still honored.