Anyone heard about Toyota Camroad?

Rogue Runner

I was doing a Google search and came up with a company in Australia that is a dealer for the Toyota Camroad. Has anyone heard of these? They look pretty good to me! I would paste link bit can't figure how to do with my smart phone.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_252_174_5f612f1a783b1b9db35507c390c889a5a5308dda.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_460_290_40679164a2c69e0058507e17055a0ca2e92f4f35.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_300_230_2ab542f5df42b4f003005e8d11126e768589144b.jpg

Stop tormenting us with all this cool stuff.....that'll we'll never own, so long as we live in North America.

I really do hope that our fed regs banning these things goes away soon. I would guess that you would see a flood of them here if it ever did.

It's interesting to me that the dealer in Australia says on their site that they are the "exclusive" dealer for these units. Perhaps they mean outside Japan?

86Rader, I was unaware of "fed regs" banning certain RV's such as these in our country. Can you give me a quick summary as to what these regulations are and when they were enacted?

when i viewed the link, i thought i saw a section where flags representing countries and units either shipped or ordered for that country, and the stars and stripes was one listed. ??? available in USA ?? joe from dover

1 hour ago, Rogue Runner said:

86Rader, I was unaware of "fed regs" banning certain RV's such as these in our country. Can you give me a quick summary as to what these regulations are and when they were enacted?

Not limited to RVs. All motorized vehicles. Anything imported have to meet DOT and EPA regulations/standards unless they are over 25 years old (US) or 15 years old (Canada).

Australia and Japan also are right hand drive countries. The Asian motor homes are light years ahead of the US in many respects.

• 1 year later...

I am researching and hoping to buy a Toyota Camroad. I have seen a couple on the roads but can’t find anything about reviews, parts availability etc. The importers say no issues with getting parts. I had an Isuzu Elf imported from Japan and it was terrific except too bouncy on the highway unless pulling weight. The Camroad is on a motorhome chassis not a truck chassis ..... so what does that mean exactly?? Softer springs?? Any advice would be useful.

29 minutes ago, Transimpact said:

I didn’t realise this was an American forum sorry.

Well we will forgive you if you post some photos of some of the cool Australian RV. Most of us lust greatly for a new Toy MH, instead of trying to keep these 20 year old Toys running.

• 5 years later...