To do or not to do?...that is the question.  My 1994 Warrior had the valve adjustment done at 52K, I am now approaching 112K.  My engine runs very well and I just hate the thought of some mechanic of unknown capabilities mucking around in there.  Looking for first had experiences.  And if the consensus is to do it...anyone know of someone who can do this in NM or FL or New England (I am a full timer and those are areas I hang out in more than not).

Your engine isn't going to implode just because your a bit overdue on the valve adjustment. So don't panic.

Just do what you have done. Start asking about where somebody else has had it done and their feelings about the service provided. I think most folks here think a new timing belt and water pump and tensioners  are a very cost effective thing to do at this time.

You will want the exhaust valves set on the loose side of the adjustment range, especially #6 .

If your question is really "should I get it done" the answer is YES

Edited by WME

IF you have not overheated the engine and it is running good, I would probably procrastinate on the valve check.

Any OLDER Toyota mechanic should be able to do it.  I did it once.  I was in there - deeper - for a knock sensor.  I put a thread on here about it.

I had mine done 2 yrs ago and did notice a little bit smoother, etc. Had never checked the mileage before but am now on the road and averaging 16 mpg on the road. 13 city. 17.55 putting around at 20-35 mph.

Man I don't get that kind of mileage in a Tuned Up 22RE 4 banger with 36K. You must be driving downhill constantly LOL!