Just when I thought I was out.....

86rader

After 8+ years of toyhouse ownership and a year and a half of sobriety, I am back in the game.

Started with an 86 RB22 Sunrader which served me well. Got a "deal" on a V-6 Odyssey that was supposed to be a quick flip. Well, we know how that goes. Sold the SR and kept the Odyssey. After a few years of worrying about seam leaks and not really having the time to use it, I sold it. Too cheaply, IMO.

Fast forward a year and a half and I keep clicking on fb posts from that cursed toyhouse group and I started to get the itch again. This time I was set on another Sunrader or maybe a Nova Star.

Yesterday, I scratched that itch. 87, Indiana built 22RD Sunrader. 39K miles. Looks to have been very well cared for. Interior looks near new. Apparently the various systems have seen little or no use. It has been setting a few years, so I haven't attempted to start yet. Siphoned the gas out today. Going to install new cab battery and gas soon, cross my fingers and start her up....I hope.

Paid 5500 with the understanding that it will run fine. Given the time of year and overall condition, I think this is a fair deal. In top shape, with new tires, in May, I think it could bring 7-8K without trouble, given the mileage/condition. Hope to have her ready for the VT toyin this spring.

Edited by 86rader

I just don't understand how you can sell them. I still have 2 Sunraders and a Tiger Provan and missed my Dodge camper van so much I paid for a car fax to find out where it was. I really need to sell at least one of them but I'm going to have to go into therapy to do it. I wonder if that hoarders show will help an RV addict. Congrats on the new find

Linda S

2 hours ago, linda s said:

I thought this was that group.

Linda S

Yes, but do we have a 12 step plan to help members REDUCE the number of toys they own. Or are we enablers saying  more is better?

We are all things to our members. We help them fix problems so they can enjoy their campers the way they should. We help restorers to better preserve these wonderful motorhomes and we also serve as an outlet to share their stories. If something is a problem, like can't stop buying them, often saying it and admitting it to others helps. Carrie Fisher, who I loved, said talking about her mental problems took it's power away and she could better deal with it. Not me of course. I love these things and if I'm a motorhome hoarder so be it

Linda S

Lots of applause here for that year and a half, 86rader.  May you stay with it the rest of your life.  And congrats on being up front.

I have had           some kind of a Toyota since 1983 seven in all                                             only 2 motor homes  but 3 trucks and 2 cars they grow on you. have dolphin and xtra cab 4wd now.