87 Odyssey roof repair

I just purchased my first rv! A 1987 Toyota Odyssey with the 22re 105,3000 miles. Everything works so far with the exception of the roof. Its in a lot worse condition than I thought at first and really needs to be completely replaced but unfortunately I'm moving in a week and won't have the barn to park it in any longer so I have to get it leek free and quickly!  Then once I find another inside spot for it I can replace the roof all together. 

My photos fail to upload, is there a trick to it? I got one pic to upload but otherwise they fail!?

20161221_232435.jpg

Lots of rain now and not the best time to replace a roof.  Tarp it until you can get some more info on what it needs. Helps to put a couple of upside down bins up there and put a board across them to make a slope so the rain runs off. Tarps aren't completely waterproof so you want it not to pool. Is the roof sagging inside? We really need to see more pics to give you some better advice. maybe someone else will have some posting tricks. I am useless in that realm

Linda S

I agree with you, my problem is that here in the Pacific Northwest it rains everyday practically and with the roof in such poor condition I don't think it can handle being outside with a tarp or other temporary cover. I am stressing out over this cause I have to move in 10 days!

Tarp is the only quick fix I can think of at the moment? Could you be a little more specific about poor shape,  leaking, ready to collapse? 

This is one of the easiest sites to post pictures on, I am sure you will figure it out when you are not so stressed. 

The blue tarp is a 1 year tarp, not much quality but after a hurricane thats all you see on homes with damaged roof. So a blue tarp will do what you need, keep the rv dry.

Can someone save me some time and clue me in on the photo posting...I got one to post but every time since I get an error! Ive got a lot of good pics to post and I know it makes the thread good! Do I need to use a photobucket type service or is the file to large?? Please help :)

Edited by 87 Oddy
photos

21 hours ago, Derek up North said:

No need to use Photobucket. How large is your file?

86 Dolphin.jpg

The pics are 1.5mb or so, I continually get the -200 error msg stating there is a problem with the upload and I've tried many different pics? Thanks for the reply, any other suggestions? 

• 1 month later...

I chose to do a temporary fix just to get me through the winter until the temperature is high enough for the roof compound to properly seal

20161220_143325.jpg

I decided to use some wood grain vinyl I had lying around to give the interior cabinet doors, closet doors, refrigerator, and dinette table top some new life!

14891445462782048952550.jpg