Waste tank

cjac

Does anyone have pictures of a waste tank under their Toyota motorhome. I would like to see others and compare to mine. The one under my rig looks to be homemade. I have looked for some tanks online and haven't seen any that look like mine.  My tank is notched out for the frame rails. 

I seen a dolphin motorhome parked at a flea market and looked under it and their seems to be two black tanks. Maybe one for the toilet ,shower and the other for the kitchen sink.  Is this correct? 

Correct, technically they are the Black Water tank for the toilet and a Gray Water tank for the sinks and shower.  

cjac: My black waste tank had a crack in the bottom where former owner ran over something. I roughed it up some with coarse sandpaper and bought a can of Black ABS cement and placed some of the cement over the crack and waited a few minutes. Put a fiberglass mesh patch in it and let it dry. Later I put another coat of cement over that. Hasn't leaked a drop since.

Hum ok. This tank looks like it was made out of fiberglass mesh. I don't know if it would be worth fixing or to get a new one or to put it back to original with two tanks. 

Some of the older RV have only one tank. You need to research some more about your rig.

The BAD thing about a single tank is when its close to full and you taking a shower and the tank fills up and some really interesting stuff back fills the shower,:o

If you do new tanks their total capacity should be greater than your fresh water tank, like maybe you carry an extra 5 gal jug for an extra day dry camping.

The black tank should be 30-40% of the total capacity and the gray tank the balance.

Start here looking for replacements... http://www.plastic-mart.com/category/34/rv-holding-tanks

Edited by WME

where is the leak ?  Does it have to be removed in order to patch it ?  If it is fiberglass ...you can buy a fiber glass kit and repair it yourself saving $$$$$. also the camper outlets have tank repair kits.
my tank was black in color and had ABS fittings hooked up to it, thus, I used the ABS cement .

It's fiberglass and it leaks at the top so I will have to drop it. I guess if it worth fixing l will patch it. It may crumble. It has a lot of fiberglass mesh all.over it.