Need new water valves and holding tank leaking

redskinman

As some of you know,just bought this rig.Testing out water pump today for first time,all the water valves were open and when I closed them they started leaking big time,luckily its the ones with easier access{inside cabinet}and not under the couch.These go to the bathroom.Theres 4 connections on each valve,and they are kind of glued in place with a black substance.Where can I get replacements?

Problem 2: When I pulled the release valves back up because they were leaking I could hear water rushing out,I went out side and water was pouring out of the holding tank,but as far as I could tell the water was coming from the top of the holding tank in a place I couldnt see where it was coming from.I filled a couple of buckets with water and poured them down the shower drain to see if I would get the same effect,it did have water leaking again from the top but not as bad,I'm not looking forward to trying to fix that

IMG_9310.JPG

If these are the low-point valves that open up the system for drainage, then it might be an easy fix. These look different than the ones on my 85 Dolphin, which are plastic "T" shaped things. Yours have that metal "handle" on them. But I found that if I pull mine up and completely out they have O-rings on them that were easily replaced. That fixed a leak problem I had with them. It would be a bit scary to try pulling them up and out. But it they are already leaking anyway, might be worth a try.

50 minutes ago, jmowrey said:

If these are the low-point valves that open up the system for drainage, then it might be an easy fix. These look different than the ones on my 85 Dolphin, which are plastic "T" shaped things. Yours have that metal "handle" on them. But I found that if I pull mine up and completely out they have O-rings on them that were easily replaced. That fixed a leak problem I had with them. It would be a bit scary to try pulling them up and out. But it they are already leaking anyway, might be worth a try.

Thats what they are.I might as well pull them up because they are shot.I joined a toyota group on facebook and just got off the phone with a member on there who told me where I can get some replacements but I'm going to try to see if I cant pull the stem out first.

The other good thing he told me is when you open them the water just drains all out the bottom of coach,so I might not have a leaking holding tank after all,I just figured that water would drain into something,and since it was coming down the sides of the holding tank I thought something was wrong.

1 hour ago, jmowrey said:

Man I dont know how strong you are but mine dont want to come out.I stuck a large screwdriver through the metal ring to give me some leverage and they arent budging,the metal ring is bending and giving way

IMG_9310.JPG

Mine drain out onto the ground. Sounds like maybe yours drain out onto the top of the holding tank, then onto the ground. Good luck with the fix. And welcome to the world of Toyota Motorhomes. Sometimes frustrating, but always interesting. Never a dull moment!

I also have a Winnebago, 1994.

Back in 8-2014 the water valves started leaking.

This is what I did to fix it. Went to a rv repair shop and bought valves then found out that the local plumbing store had a better variety.

These valves and fittings fit your gray pipe and new semi-clear pipe. Look closely at the shut off valves , they have a arrow for direction of flow.

I replaced all of the fittings and valves in that area, and the toilet, had to remove the shower pan to get to all of them. A plastic pipe cutter helps for a clean cut.

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

23 hours ago, darrel said:

I also have a Winnebago, 1994.

Back in 8-2014 the water valves started leaking.

This is what I did to fix it. Went to a rv repair shop and bought valves then found out that the local plumbing store had a better variety.

These valves and fittings fit your gray pipe and new semi-clear pipe. Look closely at the shut off valves , they have a arrow for direction of flow.

I replaced all of the fittings and valves in that area, and the toilet, had to remove the shower pan to get to all of them. A plastic pipe cutter helps for a clean cut.

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

thanks,I stopped at local hardware store this morning just to see if they had it and they did,will go back when I have more time and see if they can hook me up with what I need

They have lots of valves on eBay in the RV and camper section. Look for water drain valve. When looking at yours it looks like a slide area with a lock tab on the side. Am I seeing things or is it really there. A tab you could push in to release the valve stopper? Might be wrong but do the valves push down enough to stop the water?

Linda S

7 hours ago, linda s said:

They have lots of valves on eBay in the RV and camper section. Look for water drain valve. When looking at yours it looks like a slide area with a lock tab on the side. Am I seeing things or is it really there. A tab you could push in to release the valve stopper? Might be wrong but do the valves push down enough to stop the water?

Linda S

Thanks for reply.There is no lock tab.I looked online and one of the rv dealers near me had an online catalog of parts that looked like they might have what I need.It's my busiest time at work right now,whenever I get a chance I'm going to remove one of the old valves and take it up there and see if they can fix me up.