12 volt and CPAP

toyohome

I recently started using a CPAP and need to use it when I'm in the boonies.  I have a 90 watt, plug in  inverter that I would like to use.  The CPAP is 115 volt and 60 watts.  I have two deep cycle batteries and would need to draw power for an average of eight hours. 1. Would I be overloading the 12 volt socket/wiring? (I prefer to avoid any electrical fires particularly while I am sleeping). And, 2. Would I have adequate power to run the CPAP off my two auxiliary batteries?

Electrical Wizard advice is appreciated!

Most CPAP units are powered by a wall wart adapter, my wifes unit the adapter puts out 12v when plugged into 110v AC. Check yours if you have an adapter check its output V. If its 12vdc, most likely the CPAP mfg has a cigarette lighter plugin.

I have 2 100ah AGM batteries and a 200w solar panel. Run the CPAP all night, run 21"tv, run Fantastic vent Fan, lights when ever I want and always a full charge at sunset

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-DC-Power-Cord-50-series-Respironics-M-Series-Remstar-Synchrony-SystemOne-/281715243357?hash=item419789795d:g:-DoAAOxyhodR0GDb

Many others available

Edited by WME

19 hours ago, WME said:

Most CPAP units are powered by a wall wart adapter, my wifes unit the adapter puts out 12v when plugged into 110v AC. Check yours if you have an adapter check its output V. If its 12vdc, most likely the CPAP mfg has a cigarette lighter plugin.

I have 2 100ah AGM batteries and a 200w solar panel. Run the CPAP all night, run 21"tv, run Fantastic vent Fan, lights when ever I want and always a full charge at sunset

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-DC-Power-Cord-50-series-Respironics-M-Series-Remstar-Synchrony-SystemOne-/281715243357?hash=item419789795d:g:-DoAAOxyhodR0GDb

Many others available

What batteries are you using? I've been looking at lots of different AGM batteries and haven't found any definitive information on which ones are the best.

Trojan AGM 31 size.

Best???? who knows. To be honest the reason for my AGM is that they are inside and unvented. A few years ago this was OK, now the nannies are saying its a bad idea.

If $$ count then Sams Club has flooded cell g-2 sized 6 volt batteries for $90 ea.

I've seen commercials on TV for new small cpaps made for camping, they have there own rechargeable batteries. I don't remember the brand but you maybe able to find it on line. hope this helps