Passed on a very nice '90 Sunrader (V6)... and still looking

scwalther

Hi All, total newbie here so go easy on me...

I'm just posting because I had a great experience with another member of this forum who invested a lot of time and effort restoring a very nice 1990 Sunrader (and showing me what these things are all about). Since I didn't buy it, I wanted to point out a nice one since they're tough to find... It's even got a fresh V6 with only 1,000 miles on it.

I passed on it because it's just too nice for me to start ripping apart... I want to make some interior mods, and pulling all the (very nice) original equipment would be a shame. (if you have something you think might be a better fit, please shoot me a message).

Anyway it's still available, and since many of you aren't local to IL I just wanted to let you know that it really is as nice as it looks in the ad: http://classifieds.toyotamotorhome.org/viewlisting.php?view=2719

"Tika" was a real pleasure to speak with. She walked me through every inch of the vehicle, every repair made, every proactive service completed. She really left no stone unturned and spent the better part of 4-5 hours educating me on Sunraders.

Her passion shows... in conversation, and in the job she's done on this vehicle.

Anyway, this isn't meant to be an ad... just sharing a great experience and a really nice vehicle (in case you are in the market).

For me, the search goes on... hoping to find something soon so I can set it up the way I want it, and hit the road.

Glad I found this forum - excited to get up to speed on things!

Never mind, I see it is a different one. Wow, it really is nice. All the bells and whistles and plenty of extra little things that Tika is good at adding.

I asked if it was a shorty because  I was the one that fiberglassed over the windows on her shorty. I guess she liked the look and found another or had it done. Given a brand new engine from a reputable rebuilder and all the little extras, I would say that 20K is not an unreasonable asking price. Might not get it this time of year, but I have noticed that the Sunrader asking prices have actually gone up over the years.

Edited by 86rader

DIY, a few hundred, tops. Have someone else do it, who knows? If I had to make a guess, I would say 1000-1500.  It takes time and working with fiberglass can be a messy job. This was my first crack at it and I thought it came out well. There are lots of youtube videos out there that are excellent teachers. If I ever get a cali built Sunrader, I would do it again without hesitation.