gage cluster upgrade

Paul winger

^_^ Got my new gage cluster in. I went from the stock cluster of 3 gages 1991 to a 6 gage cluster of a 1996.this mew cluster came from a 1996 T100 that had an Auto tranny and cable drive speedo. It was a simple plug and play. The oil pressure gage did need to have the correct sending unit put on. I even rolled back the odometer to match the old gage as my rig has only 48,000 miles on it. I was a truck driver for 40yrs and have been use to lots of gages. I have a tough time driving with ought a tack. This conversion also put the gages right where they should be. I plan on adding 2 more gages, a outside temp. gage and a tranny. temp. gage. They will go in a pillar post pod. I did ad the factory clock from a pickup just for fun. The CD player for my wife, she like the books on tape . Even thought we have had this rig only a few mounts we love it. Love the millage so far. 17.89 mpg going from Central Or. to the Coast and back. Paul

20161028_133344_Burst02.jpg

Interesting.......

hey there paul, that update really looks good. i have a 92 winnie warrior. i may consider this for myself. can you say how much this could cost ? and is there a oil sending unit part number you could share ? one more question please, are there any other models other than the 1996 t-100 that can be swapped as easily ? thanks for all your help in advance. joe from dover

The T-100s are the only ones with the gear shift indicator in the instrument cluster.

thanks WME and derek, that seems to be a reasonable price to such a nice upgrade. my winnie is in hibernation til spring. but i think that would be doable for me. thanks again. joe from dover

hey there paul, did you order your cluster package from some where on line, or retrieve it from a bone yard ? since i am not a mechanic, is this swap complicated? any tips for someone not as skilled as you that would want to do this upgrade? thanks. joe from dover

I found my gage cluster and sending unit on Craigs list. I think I gave $ 135.00 for them both. I know you need the correct sending unit for your gage . So I asked the seller if he had the sending unit and he did, so I negotiated a price for the pair. You do have to make sure you get one with a cable drive for the speedo because some have electronic drives . There are also videos on line that show how to reset the odometer and I did that. Works good so far!!