Fellow Toyota Owner's RV EXPLODED

vtchris

My very good friend Victoria, another full timer from NM, lost everything she owned yesterday when her RV just exploded. She had just taken her dog down to the water to play and thankfully no one was hurt. If you can just donate a few dollars it is greatly appreciated. She is staying in my spare RV for now.  It was a very old Toyota and she had no insurance. Now she has no drivers license, no clothes, no money, nothing. But good kids and sister and friends. Thank you one and all. And even if you can't donate, please share the site.   She is hoping to get another Toyota and get on the road again.  Any little bit, even $5, is greatly appreciated.  We both have been so grateful to everyone that is helping thru this trying time.  If nothing

https://www.gofundme.com/tj-new-home

Toyota on fire.jpg

Her_&_I_camping_2012.JPG

IMG_6358.JPG

Yes I saw the stupid argument on Facebook about her not having full coverage. Are they nuts. Very few insurance companies will write policies for full coverage on an old vehicle, motorhome or not. I will defiantly contribute something in the next couple of days but it sounds to me like it's time for her to find more permanent housing. My handicapped brother lives in a federally subsidized apartment for seniors and handicapped where your rent is never more than 1/3 of your income no matter how low that is. This type of housing is available all over the country. Has she looked into anything like this before? I wish her well and she is very lucky to have a friend like you.

Linda S

It exploded so we assume it was a propane leak. People were nearby and saw and heard it. By the time the Fire Dept got there nothing left but ashes and twisted metal. FD was only 2 miles away. 

Linda, Victoria is still very active and healthy and she isn't ready for senior housing. She has two wonderful high functioning adult children who support her decision to keep traveling.  She is aware of her options. Once she has a Toyhouse she can live on her SS. Especially since she stays mostly at the NM state parks which only costs $100 for a years camping pass. Many people our age living out here ☺️

4 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Andy Baird certainly seems to enjoy NM.

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/index.html

Yes, I have met up with him a few times out here.  But he has a Lazy Daze, not a Toyota.  Nice Rig tho.  That and Born Free are probably my second choices.

Remember  these are old rigs. Most were designed for no ethanol gas. The new gas is real hard on the old gas lines. It maybe time for you to replace all your rubber fuel lines. They may be hard cracked and ready split. Gas on hot exhaust = fire.