Please explain "no bounce"

To stiff in the rear.  I'm running 60 psi in tires. I seen some coil over shocks that is rated at 500 lbs per shock. I don't know if that will be enough to help take some weight off the leaf springs 

You need to find out why this is the way it is. Are your springs still nicely curved, are your shocks completely compressed. Do you even know how old your shocks are. If springs are flat helper springs will make it better but can't replace shot shocks. Better to buy shocks designed for these motorhomes. Look here

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm?mode=results&selected_model=4485&selected_year=1986

I am assuming you have an upgraded axle. That is why I used 86 as the year, first year of full floater from the factory

Linda S

Too stiff in the rear...

1. It ain't a MBZ, its a truck, deal with it. The stock truck came with a 5 leaf spring pack, most Toy MH have a 7 leaf spring pack.

2. The springs have collapsed and your ridding on the bump stops.

3. Some P/O has added overload springs to make it ride level.

The cure is 4 parts, all cost $$$.  Make sure the correct springs are installed (see above post about arched springs), get air bags, check/replace the suspension bushings in the rear. Correct shocks

Adding more springs will make it stiffer

Edited by WME

When I first came to this site some suggested for various reasons inflating tires to the 65 lb max.  Not knowing the weight of my Toy I did as suggested and experienced a horrible ride.  Latter described as riding on bowling balls a perfect description.

for shizgrins i dropped tire pressure to 50 lbs in rear. absolutely did nothing noticeable to improve the banging around. however, letting some air out of my airbags definately improved sounds quite a bit.

Shocks by them self's add NO weight carrying ability.

How about some photos of what you have. How may spring leafs?

I have 7 leafs. I had the 1/2 ton axle and changed to the floater. I guess I will just have to deal with it. My springs are nicely curved, new bushings with axle upgrade. Thanks for all the input

you would not like my other Toyota 88 xtra cab 4wd bought some big very stiff car quest bruser shocks. very very stiff. on a pot hole road  the driver moves rides like a stone.