Picked up a spare igniter on ebay for $8.50

RVdaytrader

If you have a V6 and want a spare igniter, this guy has 6 of them. I gambled and got it today, put it in to try...fired right up. Since they want $480 for a new OEM one, I figured it was worth it to have a spare for when or if I get the dreaded "no spark" problem. At least I can put the spare in to cross the igniter off the list! My igniter # is 98621-30010, but it is replaced by 89621-12010. This is the ebay seller....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Lexus-OEM-Factory-Igniter-Ignition-Module-Computer-89621-12010-/172393911486?hash=item28237a54be:g:hscAAOSwgZ1XvKiV&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the heads up,I havent even bought a rig yet lol,but I figured for 10 bucks I'd take the chance even though I dont know what the dreaded"no spark"problem is or where this module goes:o

• 4 weeks later...

as the 20 r                  22r or  re 4 bangers                   use a simler unit and it is           mounted too the coil. a no spark means no start . I myself never had one fail  but it could happen . welcome to all new ones .I don't know about the 6 as I have never had one.

Edited by 5Toyota
add text

9 hours ago, 5Toyota said:

as the 20 r                  22r or  re 4 bangers                   use a simler unit and it is           mounted too the coil. a no spark means no start . I myself never had one fail  but it could happen . welcome to all new ones .I don't know about the 6 as I have never had one.

ok thanks.I saw somewhere that on a 4 runner they were mounted on the left side fender,will have to check when I can.