Weather Stripping For Sunrader

Patrick1922

Do you all have recommendations for weather stripping for the side door of a 1984 Sunrader? I have already stripped off the old seal. Curious of your recommendations of thickness, width, preferred brand. 

• 4 months later...

I also am looking for this rubberized door seal.  It appears to be the same as the seal used above the rear wheel wells/fenders.

Where can we find this stuff at?

linda s. and others, you may try this company. STEELE RUBBER PRODUCTS. they are a specialty company that makes window and door weatherstripping for antique, classic, and collectable auto restoration. their web site does list RV products as well. they have been the "go to" place for finding oem weather seals, etc. for street rod builders and restorers. you can find them @ steelerubber.com     hope this helps.  joe from dover

• 1 month later...

No nothing even close. There are some flap seals in black that might be usable but they wouldn't lock in the same way. I have never taken mine off so I don't really know how they fit in. Got that pic from another member looking for it. I will tell you this. Advantage RV that still makes the fender flares for Sunraders has a tiny bit left and they the only way to get it is to buy 2 fender flares and pay for the install. He won't sell it any other way. If he can't get more no one can. Show me your door so i can see how bad it is. I'm thinking maybe you could fill the gaps with something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Performix-075815122094-Create-Your-Color/dp/B0027JIEPU

Linda S

Linda S

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2017 at 7:25 PM, linda s said:

The deal is it needs to be white. Not an easy thing to find and none I did find were even close

Linda S

Pic of the door and fender trim. They are the same

DSC02150.jpg

It is really hard to find - I'm looking as well if I see anything I'll let you know. 

On 5/11/2018 at 9:07 PM, linda s said:

It's a custom extrusion made for Sunrader. Chance of anyone else needing the same shape is not good.

Linda S

I wonder if a slew of us need it, and I'm sure there are plenty of us, if we can get it made by an extrusion company. Probably super expensive... 

1 minute ago, Rockin said:

I wonder if a slew of us need it, and I'm sure there are plenty of us, if we can get it made by an extrusion company. Probably super expensive... 

I'm not much of a business person but it comes down to if someone wants to invest the money.

Linda S

I found a part that looks similar. Do you think this could be used? May seem crazy, but maybe worth a try. 

IMG_1109.PNG

IMG_1112.PNG

1 hour ago, Derek up North said:

Tooling + set-up cost + minimum production run = BIG $$$$$

I don't think 3D printing is a good application for long extrusions. Yet. :)

I agree, but check out what I found. I might buy a stick of it to try. 

Has anyone found the piece that seals between the cab and cabin?

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

I have mine but never put it on. When I took the old stuff off there was a huge gap between the cab and the coach that I had to fill before I could attach it. I have heard of people using contact cement or other types of glue. Some used a glue gun. Sometimes they applied white caulk to the edges. When I get around to mine I think I'm going to use that new flex glue. Very sticky and hold instantly. Seems to make a very strong bond. Glued the head back on my weed eater and it's still holding

Linda S

Filled the gap with exterior caulk. Was white so it looked good for a while. Not white anymore. Time to finish the job

7 hours ago, linda s said:

I have mine but never put it on. When I took the old stuff off there was a huge gap between the cab and the coach that I had to fill before I could attach it. I have heard of people using contact cement or other types of glue. Some used a glue gun. Sometimes they applied white caulk to the edges. When I get around to mine I think I'm going to use that new flex glue. Very sticky and hold instantly. Seems to make a very strong bond. Glued the head back on my weed eater and it's still holding

Linda S

Filled the gap with exterior caulk. Was white so it looked good for a while. Not white anymore. Time to finish the job

Thanks so much! 

That helps- mine is really warped. I guess I could clean and caulk over it.,...