Patrick1922

Weather Stripping For Sunrader

Do you all have recommendations for weather stripping for the side door of a 1984 Sunrader? I have already stripped off the old seal. Curious of your recommendations of thickness, width, preferred brand. 

I also am looking for this rubberized door seal.  It appears to be the same as the seal used above the rear wheel wells/fenders.

Where can we find this stuff at?

It was a custom extrusion made only for Sunrader. I have searched extensively and haven't found anything even close. If anyone finds something usable please let me know. I know lots of people looking for it.

Linda S

linda s. and others, you may try this company. STEELE RUBBER PRODUCTS. they are a specialty company that makes window and door weatherstripping for antique, classic, and collectable auto restoration. their web site does list RV products as well. they have been the "go to" place for finding oem weather seals, etc. for street rod builders and restorers. you can find them @ steelerubber.com     hope this helps.  joe from dover

The deal is it needs to be white. Not an easy thing to find and none I did find were even close

Linda S

Pic of the door and fender trim. They are the same

DSC02150.jpg

Linda, 

Have you found this door seal in Black?

No nothing even close. There are some flap seals in black that might be usable but they wouldn't lock in the same way. I have never taken mine off so I don't really know how they fit in. Got that pic from another member looking for it. I will tell you this. Advantage RV that still makes the fender flares for Sunraders has a tiny bit left and they the only way to get it is to buy 2 fender flares and pay for the install. He won't sell it any other way. If he can't get more no one can. Show me your door so i can see how bad it is. I'm thinking maybe you could fill the gaps with something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Performix-075815122094-Create-Your-Color/dp/B0027JIEPU

Linda S

Linda S