Range Hood

Hi All! On my 85 Granville the range hood over the stove does not vent to the outside. Just has an old carbon filter that's 100 years old and hood just blows back into the coach. The fan is very loud and the hood has poor lighting. I'm thinkin' about just removing it and installing better lights over the stove. Can't think what it's good for. Any thoughts?? Thanks!

I didn't think they were allowed to build them without stove venting. I found a YouTube vid of an 85 Granville and it has the stove in the back and I can see the vent for it on the outside. Yes the hoods can be very noisy. Fans can be replaced. As for the light mine has a little light that looks like an automotive light and I tried replacing it with one from an auto parts store. It was very dark. I Bought another light intended for an RV range hood from eBay I think and it gives out a decent amount of light. Might be the wrong bulb in there. Can you show some pics of where your stove is and the same area outside?

Look at vid. center back up high is the vent, Inside in same area is the stove. ON a Nissan chassis but shouldn't be any difference in coaches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2cczngdXuc

Linda S

Man that video gave me a headache! Anyway Grannie is in storage till next March so no pictures. My Granville has the kitchen on the side. No vents anywhere on that side except for the furnace. I'm surprised also. Will probably remove the vent hood next spring when I begin to paint the inside and install some nice lights. Ican use my Fantastic Fan to remove cooking odors. Not sure about regulations. No vent on the roof either. Always enjoy conversing with you Linda! Thanks! Mark  PS I remember I did post pictures of Grannie when I started  "The Magic of Zep" thread about a month ago.

As for the vent fan: per suggestions here at this forum, I replaced mine with a computer fan. Of course, that would be if you can find out how to vent it to the outside.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XISTXM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fairly easy install. Had to make some minor modification to the hole, closing it up some using gorilla tape. But it's 12 volt and wires right in. You need to contact the manufacturer to find out which wires to connect to get the highest speed. I emailed them and they got right back to me. Can't remember now which ones it was.

The fan works great. Moves somewhere around 100 com. Plenty for venting cooking smoke and odors over the stove. And it's incredibly silent. Almost too silent. You have to be sure it's off if you are boon docking so you don't accidentally leave it on and use up precious battery power.

I prefer to have a vent right over the stove. That way the smoke and stuff doesn't have a chance to fill the coach and set off the smoke detector.

I really Appreciate that Linda.....worked my a.. off to get her presentable! Thanks! I think when I remove the hood it will open up the " kitchen" a bit. Mark