Hi. New owner question on model # & winterizing

Godog45

Hi. i Recently  purchased  a 1983 Toyota Sandtana tilt top ,18 foot motor home, with 22R engine & standard shift. Am I crazy?  i drive Toyota 4 runner and owned a VW camper many years ago. 

questions er system in winter.

1  my registration and title, has 3 digits for model number. it looks like it maybe from VIN # . I plan on registering  it this week.  what is usually put for model for these vehicles.?  my insurance agent was puzzled but we used it. 

2 previous owner said they don't use antifreeze in water system in winter . I blew,out lines is this sufficient? vehicle be in north east, New York and Maine

3.i did notice a leak in water system by rear wheels behind drain.

4 anyone have this model? I like it because it's small. it has water tank  sink, toilet and air. no shower

hi and welcome to wonderful world of toya;'s  i really have nothing to offer on your model number question. as far as the anti freeze/winterizing issue :  admittedly, i am not a long time motorhome owner, ( just over a year ), but everyone i have met all speak of using rv  anti freeze in the rigs. i can't imagine NOT using it as far north as maine and new york, i am sure some one at the forum may weigh in on your question with more info and good advice than i have offered. any way, good luck and enjoy. joe from dover

Even though you have blown out the water lines and to be on the safe side, I would use the RV blend anti freeze.  For sure, I woud ensure that the toilet valve is completely emptied of water.  After losing two myself, I installed a flex line to the toilet allowing me to disconnect the line and empty the valve.

agree  the place I aways get the most water when I blow myn out is there . I do NOT like to take chances I live in eastern wash st I  aways use rv antifreeze after I blow it out . nothing wrong about xtra protection. be safe and you wont be soory. I have seen blown up rvs tolits water heaters  big oops.

I own a Sandtana Phoenix I brought into Washington State. After what seemed like an eternity at the licensing agency it was finally titled with Sandtana as the manufacturer and Phoenix as the model,  Toyota is nowhere on the title.