Heading home

jjrbus

Arrived Seattle and it is raining and cold, wanted to do a few things in WA and Oregon but not in rainy cold weather, so headed down 5. Leaving Seattle was an easy choice it must be one of the most RV unfriendly places in the US.

Now north of Redding CA in Wonderland RV park, one of the nicest parks I have been in on this trip! This is a Passport America park and the rate is $16.50 a night full hookups plus $4 for good internet. It is raining but not cold, I dislike driving in the rain but rain is forecast for several days..

Wal Mart camping from WA down has been disappointing, many do not allow overnight stays or are posted no overnight but do not enforce it. I do not want to be shagged out of a parking lot at 3AM so if they are posted I will not stay. With spotty internet I am spending too much time looking for places to stay and route planning.  How did I ever manage to travel anywhere without a computer?

I am reviewing my things to do list in CA because of the rain and thinking of skipping most of CA and heading for Death Valley, then on to ?? I have never been to monument valley and might try to fit it in this trip. Wife wants to see Grand Canyon so might try that also depending of weather. Definitely have to head south for a bit warmer weather.

Toy is behaving well and I have been able to pass several trucks going up the mountains.  Have not been watching real close but have only gotten the finger once so far. Also am not seeing many other Toy's on the road, in the last 2 days I have seen one Sunrader on I-5.

Happy Trails,   Jim

I-5 is not Toyota RV turf, Hwy 99 and Hwy 1 are more Toy roads.

Now you tell me : )     I gave up and headed over 44 and drove down the east side of CA to Death Valley.  Death Valley is nice this time of year.

Seen 2 Toy's and talked with Dean? an 83 year old Toy owner in Mesquite NV. Jim

Yep sure didn't

Two Toy's meet at the Grand Canyon. Owned by Marty, not a member. His Dolphin is a low mi cream puff!

Have not seen many Toy's on the road, did see a Datsun?? this morning.   Jim

IMG_1300.JPG