1985 Sea Breeze electrical question

bassnwhaler

Pardon my ignorance and thanks for any and all help.

I have an '85 Sea Breeze and am wondering if I can run my outlets off of my coach battery? It works when plugged in to 110 but hoping there is a switch somewhere to allow the 12 volt to run the outlets. 

Also, my coach battery, while old, worked well then weakened and lost all power. I plugged my RV in (supposedly charges both engine and coach batteries) and left it for a few days (I have done this before and thought it was appropriate). Nada. I hooked it up to a battery charger and later realized it was almost completely dry and of course would not hold a charge. It seems by leaving it hooked up to 110 I may have boiled the water out of the battery. I read online that sometimes an RV's charger can take batteries to 13.4 volts which will do this to a battery. Is that bunk? Or should I not charge my coach (and engine) battery by plugging my rv into 110?

Again, Thanks for any help.

Bassnwhaler

The outlets are powered by 115v ONLY.

The older chargers will boil out the water. Did you ever check your water level? What charger is  in your Toy?? The newer converters will work OK if plugged in continually.

To bring 115v power to your outlets from your 12v battery you need to spend some serious $$$. You will need an INVERTER and an ATS or a big DP/DT switch

VOCUBLARY

Converter, converter takes 115v ac and makes 12v dc to run the lights and stuff, some converters will also charge the house battery. Older converters will charged at 13.5 volts around 6 amps. The newer converters have three or four charging levels.

Inverter, takes 12vdc and inverts it into 115v ac. To run a small microwave will require over 110 amps from your house battery.

ATS. auto transfer switch. It selects from 2 sources of 115v and sends to a single point.  115v  power cord and a 115v generator are usually the sources. You can also use 115v power cord and an inverter. Some of the high quality inverters will have an ATS built in. 115v ac power cord will be priority and if its not the  ATS will switch to the inverter.