Screen door slides

jmowrey

I posted this in miscellaneous, but I see it's pretty far down on the list and may not get viewed. So I"m reposting in General Discussion.

Where can I get screen door slides (for reaching through to the outer door handle) for my 85 Dolphin. I ordered a set of Camco slides that are the correct size, but the plastic is too thick and won't fit in the grooves in my screen door.

I did reply to this topic and was the first to reply !!!!???? Yet when I looked at this site just now.....Derek up north had stole my idea and deleted my post and added his name to it. WHAT GIVES ?????

homer

42 minutes ago, Homer said:

I did reply to this topic and was the first to reply !!!!???? Yet when I looked at this site just now.....Derek up north had stole my idea and deleted my post and added his name to it. WHAT GIVES ?????

homer

I'm not sure if anything 'GIVES'. I replied (1st)  ~27 hours ago here. I do see that you were the 2nd to reply ~18 hours ago to the same question in the 'Misc' Section with more or less the same solution. :)

Derek: I am sorry, I apologize,  I didn't realize there were two sites that the same question was asked. I took it for granted that it was the same place that I had answered  but it wasn't,  it was my fault that I hadn't read both places. " Please forgive me " 

"Homer"

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2016 at 1:28 PM, jdfrost64 said:

RV nation in Elkhart. they make two different types one for door with dead bolt and one without dead bolt

I order this from RV Nation. Still not the right part. Too thick to fit in the grooves on my screen door. If anyone has a source for the original slide panels on a screen door in a 1985 Dolphin, let me know. In the mean time I'm holding my old ones together with duct tape. Tacky, but functional.

I may have to resort to that. I did try it. It was pretty tedious and not working too well, so I  tried a different trick and wrecked the part. I also wrecked the previous Camco set I ordered. So  I'm going to go into denial and just hang in there with the duct-taped repair job. Tired of spending money on this at this point. The repaired panel works, it just offends my esthetic sensibilities to have duct tape on the door. Actually, I used black Gorilla Tape. So it's not too bad.

It's what we here in Santa Fe call the "handcrafted" look!

JMOWERY:

Just now I read this again and forgot that I took MEK and a small bristled brush and rubbed it on the pieces (like I did on the refrig. vent cover)  Like putting a puzzle together permanently , Can't remember if I took sheetrock  mesh tape and stuck it to the inside parts after gluing them together.Then bought a small can of  BLACK ABS plastic pipe glue and put 4 coats over a 4 day period, (1 per day). then used a spray can of PLASTIC Paint;  a couple of coats for making it all look better. Thinking back...that is one thing I didn't take a picture of !!!
You might want to try that and get rid of the tape? Nothing lost and maybe save you some heartache and worry.

Homer