Removing the Fresh Water Tank

Homer

I am thinking that I may have to remove the fresh water tank. There is a smell coming from under the cabinet, do I need to remove the oven and range in order to take it out?
The tank is under the sink in the rear of my  1986 Sunland Express over to right . I haven't looked lately but think part of it is under the oven. The drain valve is really hard to open and close (30 years old at least). Will see about replacing valve after I get the tank out. May have to patch a leak ! Have looked on ebay  for tanks and some of them says "not pressurized "  Are our tanks pressurized  or is it just from the pump into the lines?  I know I am asking a lot but I thought some of you have done this before and know  how this is accomplished.  I haven't measured it but former owner put some specs. on back page and said that the fresh water tank holds 13 gallon. What is holding the oven in place ?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

HOMER

Edited by Homer

the air admittance valve is under your sink, installed in the drain line after the P-trap...it lets air into the line so your trap does not get siphoned out when you drain your sink...if it wears out it does not seal good and lets fumes from your tank escape.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-1-1-2-in-ABS-PTC-In-Line-Cheater-Vent-39012/100204205

51 minutes ago, linda s said:

Come again? We have real plumbing vents in our RV's just like a house. No cheater vents anywhere on my rig

Linda S

Linda....my black and gray tanks have vents that go up through the roof...under my kitchen sink, after the P-trap there is a air admittance valve...its purpose is to prevent draining water from siphoning the water from the traps.

RVdaytrader:  Thanks for the suggestion  of the Admittance Valve. On Sunday  I looked up what it was and then went to under my sink and unscrewed the valve and looked in the bottom of it at the rubber disc, it had some kind of bugs on it.  I sprayed kitchen 'all purpose cleaner with bleach' in there and let it set for awhile then ran hot water on it and cleaned it out real good then replaced it on the stand pipe. I will have to wait and see if in fact this was the culprit.  Thank You for the suggestion , I really didn't know there was one under the sink. Maybe someone else can read this and clean theirs before things take place.

homer

now I recognize it the term threw me I new they were an auto vent. have some in my 1996 double wide . don't recall any in my dolphin will have too look. and yes I still  have some real vents on my house also

Edited by 5Toyota
add text