Rear ladder & roof rack

davidtan

I've been on a lot of loose ladders on the back of RVs.  Not much there to attach to, I guess.  The mid-supports on my Minicruiser ate through the exterior.  I re-engineered the mounting system a bit and used some aluminum diamond-plate behind that mid-mount.  I also had to beef up the bottom mount.  I like having a ladder on back.

minicruiser_ladder.JPG

I have had them without a ladder and with, I will always take with.  My current Toy the ladder I think was added or replaced.  First the square bumper was remounted to be more secure.  Then the ladder bottom is fastened to the bumper.  And there are two mid supports not just one.  Result is a very secure ladder.

My 11 year old grandson loves the ladder as well.  My daughter is going to spend her 36th birthday with me working on a ladder as we shingle her garage roof.  I like hanging out with her but would have to say I prefer the ladder on the Toyota and playing with my grandson rather than lugging shingles up on a roof;-)

The ultimate answer for loose ladders appears to be rot. Thankfully mine is still in good shape.

Just have to echo the other response;  NICE JOB JD!  I love what you did with the bumper and ladder!

Wade

Were the roofs reinforced on rigs with ladders and roof racks versus no ladder or racks? Luckily the ladder on my 85 Granville is secure as are the roof racks but when walking around on the unpainted metal roof while painting it was nerve racking to say the least as it flexed with every step! On my roof it appears the metal sheet was laid over some type of support system but not glued down?? Thankfully the roof has never leaked and now it  is completely sealed so no need to go up there again for a few years I Hope (what a job that was!)