Hi all, new user here. I've been poking around this board for a minute as I've bought a '91 Winnie Warrior this summer that lives in eastern Washington. plan to use it all 4 seasons, and get it up to several ski resorts for some multi-day campouts at the resorts.  i was hoping to get a set of Nokian Hakkapelitta C Van 185r14, but seems Nokian is discontinuing that tire and basically they're not offering any winter tire in that size with 8 ply.  So now I'm trying to figure my best option... Nokian is making several other winter van tires tires but the closest i see is a 175/70R14. will that tire fit the stock rim of a Winnebago Warrior? Does anyone know of a comparable winter tire that would work?

So I've been reading far too much and attempting to find a decent winter(ish) tire for our rigs.

https://www.tires-easy.com/195-14/lexani-tires/lxct-104/tirecode/G1041402?gclid=Cj0KEQjwsai_BRC30KH347fjksoBEiQAoiaqsWxnX94komAjvGEh-DyignJlsKe9NnifMA_d9irHMDYaAh3k8P8HAQ

this is the closest thing I've found, seems to have a fairly aggressive tread and mentions in the ad that they do well in snow.  They ARE 195's tho, so a tad bigger than the 185's everyone reccomends.  I've read of plenty of people using 195's tho, so I'm just going to try it.    I really don't love Lexani, I'd much rather go with a major brand that's carried at discount or les Schwab, but I've had zero luck finding anything that isn't a summer tire

Ill be picking them up later this month to prep for the coming ski season, I'll report back with how they do.  If you find any other viable options, please post them here so I can maybe give em a chance too!  

Ps, if you're at Crystal Mt this winter look for the lady and I in B lot with the dolphin :)

Look @ the Nexen 820. I have these and supposedly all seasons. LT 8 ply with deep tread. Not a Summer tire. $89 @ Wal-Mart. Good Luck!

Based on 45 years of snow driving the Nexen looks more Snowy than the Lexani

1 hour ago, markwilliam1 said:

Look @ the Nexen 820. I have these and supposedly all seasons. LT 8 ply with deep tread. Not a Summer tire.

I seen no mention of being All Season on their literature. "...strong performance on wet roads." No mention of snow.

http://www.neumasur.com.ar/files/nexen/Ficha Nexen SV820.pdf

Looks like it could handle light snow but it's not a snow tire so I'm not sure.

Well the original poster said he was in eastern Washington. Average snowfall is 11 inches. I don't think a true snow tire would be needed for that little snow. Here in Cal when we go to Tahoe we use something called chains. Very cheap and mine are super easy to put on.

Linda S

Tire-chains here in northern Michigan are illegal on a public highway.  That surprised me after using chains for many years in New York.  Some roads in New York require them after a certain date.  To be technical, tire-chains are allowed in Michigan as long as no part of any of the chains ever touches the roadway.  So - it seems that if there was a solid layer of ice everywhere you drove and no part of any chain ever touched the road-surface - you'd be okay.  Here is my old turbo-diesel 4WD RV that I guess would get me arrested in Michigan.

100_1247.jpg