Carb kit needed

bodasefus

Hi...  just starting going through my 80 Huntsman w/20R motor...  Does anyone know what kind of carb they put on them and where I can get a rebuild kit...  bad accelerator pump,,, so I might as well put a kit into it...

Thanks

Russ 

1 hour ago, bodasefus said:

Hi...  just starting going through my 80 Huntsman w/20R motor...  Does anyone know what kind of carb they put on them and where I can get a rebuild kit...  bad accelerator pump,,, so I might as well put a kit into it...

Thanks

Russ 

It has an Aisan two-barrel carb with a vacuum opened secondary.  I recently rebuilt a 1977 and a 1978 carb. I got both kits from Rock Auto.  Note that the kit does not come with choke-pull diaphrams or the secondary-open diaphram.  If they are bad, you buy separately.   Carbs usually have two choke pull-off diaphrams and they are usually bad.  Makes the engine run rich or flood when first started.  The pods vary alot and if you need new ones - you need to ID it by photos to be sure.  If you want the carb to work right when done with the automatic choke - you need those pods working.  A 1980 Huntsmans could be on a 1979 or a 1980 truck.  Check the Toyota date tag.

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg

post1.JPG

thanks for the pics and info... I saw Asian on the carb... I found a kit on rock auto,,, a close out for 10 bucks...  I ordered it...  I know for sure the accl pump is bad and that is all the farther I got...

There are two accelerator pumps and both come in the kit.  One is a plunger type and the other a diaphram.  The plunger type is near always bad and it is what makes a truck bog down every time you hit the gas.

Those pull-off diaphrams are hard to find for some carbs.  I suggest you get a vacuum source and test your's.    They need to work unless you convert your carb to a manual choke.