Engine swaps ??

zero

I want to convert my 1988 Minicruiser with a 22RE to manual trans.  I've been searching for a parts-truck with all that I need.  Come to find out that 2WD Toyota trucks are extremely rare around here.  Many junked 4WDs.  Very few 2WDs. I just found a 2WD that is a 1996 Tacoma with a 2.7 liter four-cylinder.  Seems it is a more efficient engine then the 22RE.  I'm wondering if it is worth swapping the entire engine and trans into my 1988.  I have read info on many engine-swaps into Toyota trucks.  Problem is - I have not read any such reports of swaps into trucks powering RVs.  I don't really want to go through the work of a swap unless I see someone else who has done so and thinks it was worth it.  I know the A43D auto trans I have robs 7-9 horsepower. I want a manual setup. I also would not mind having a more efficient engine if not too difficult a swap.    I know a turbo-diesel is the best route as far as efficiency goes - but it is also expensive and a lot of work.   I am also not convinced that older diesels are all that more efficient then some newer gas engines.  The only swaps I've read multiple reports on are for Winnebago Lesharos and Phasars that went from French 2.2 liter gas engines to Buick or Mopar 3.8 gas engines.   I've yet to come across an engine swap in a Toyota RV anywhere with any final results.   Anybody know of any success stories?  Not attempts. I mean rigs that got done with happy owners.  

Start here,   http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=19275.0  Lots of info, dyno charts and up hill drags of a older Toy PU with a 2.7 in it vs anything else in Toy PU's.