Interior Paint/ Seat Recover and Rear Cargo Rack

When the heat finally died down a bit we decided to do a little of revisions to the interior.  For the walls, I started by cleaning all the walls with 50% acetone 50% water.  After that I lightly sanded everything down.  The walls were not too bad before, but, for me, there was just too much wood!  We did one coat of primer, and then two coats of primer/paint.  I chose eggshell because I find its a little more mellow.  One thing that I was nervous about was the little piping in between the cabinets and the wall.  I thought that it would make it more difficult to paint with them.  However, I found that they made painting the edges soooo much easier than without them.

I also added a cargo rack from Harbor Freight.  It was only $40 with their coupon, and it has a nice 45 degree bend so it picks up off the ground a bit.  I'm only using it for spare gas and an extra cooler, so I think I should be fine. I'm hoping this will keep me from scraping like I did before with the straight-necked cargo rack.

Lastly... the seats...  I have been looking for over a year for new seats with no luck.  I wanted the SR5 seats, but there just hasn't been anything reasonably priced in this area.  Finally, I decided enough was enough.  When we camp, I drive.  One trip had me sitting in the driver's seat for 16-hours total.  There is just NO back support in those things.  I looked at a bunch of photos of the SR5 seats and decided to take a crack at just upgrading mine with some discounted fabric from the fabric store.  This project took way longer than expected.  In the end, I ripped out the centers for both seats, and added extra padding all around.  I added an inch of extra padding in the lumbar support and sides.  The seats feel 100% better.  I added a little center console/ arm rest with the extra fabric and padding too!

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg