Considering 1990 Toyota Winnebago Warrior

Rockin'R

We recently purchased a 1990 Winnebago warrior. On Toyota chassis. V6 3.0.  3 speed automatic.  Its in show room condition.  For age.  We average. 21 miles per gallon.  Calculated. By our distance to and from our home. To local cam ground.  It is quite hilly   our engine only has 85,000 KM on it.   

Goodness. And. You. Enjoy. Periods.

Got any pics of that new hyper-miling, showroom rig of yours?

We tend to question anyone who claims excessively high mileage. Glad you found a nice rig but even figuring the mileage at imperial gallons the only way t get that high a MPG is to be coasting all the way down hill. 

Linda S

Actually, its in MPH.  The Toyota pickup chassis came from Japanese Toyota city factory. Then shipped to forest hill.  To Winnebago industries. Factory. The Speedo. Is All MPH.  No kmh.  Thank god.   We. Set the tach.and drove.  Round trip. We averaged. 21. That's going 60 mph.   Hills  at 4 per grade were a little tricky.  The 17.5 Gallon fuel tank. Is amazing.  Before you question our calculations. Maybe. Stop and think. This unit has fuel efficient modification.  

What fuel efficient modifications does it have? We just got back from a trip to the FL Keys and got a high of 15 mpg, averaging 13 mpg most of the trip. We have a 93 Dolphin

I get 23 mpg in my V6!   I keep it extremely clean, roof and underneath,  dirt causes friction and kills mpg.   I am also a superior mechanic and can do far better tuneups compared to most. I keep tire inflated to the load and inflation tables which is proven to improve mpg.   Then of course anticipating traffic, red lights etc. 

This gives me a constant 10 in the city and 15 on the highway    10+13=23   😁

On 4/28/2021 at 9:22 AM, linda s said:

OK I know I started it but that's enough. I didn't think about kilometers but figuring  that converts his mileage to 13 mpg. Perfectly reasonable in my opinion. 

Linda S

Thank you Linda S,  I was about to burst into tears (and jjrbus only added fuel to my misery).  My 20' 1990 Warrior(worrier) 3vze has gotten an average of 13 mpg - and never hit 15 mpg even rolling down from the Sierra Nevadas.  *sigh*

Yes we don't get mega miles but we do better than a big American V8 for sure.  I think the top point is being able to pull in any gas station or mini market without worrying about how your going to get out. Also since you camp Sierra's you know that some roads and campgrounds are limited to 24 feet and under.  

LINDA 

FYI I have a 30 ft Winnebago Class A Vortec GM engine..8-9 MPH consistently. A friend has a 32 ft Winnebago Ford V-10 6-7 MPG consistently.

So 13MPG is 2x the Ford. A major thrill is pulling in to a gas with a 1/8 tank, pumping in 60 gallons of fuel, and watching you credit card start smoking, daily.