15 hours ago, jjrbus said:

Don't pay the ransom, I escaped!   Fuel pump and labor came to $466 and not even a kiss!   I have gotten to Gillette with no issues so am hoping the pump was the problem.  I will try to make Cody tomorrow.

I would not bet money on this, it feels like I have more power and the Toy seems to be climbing hills better, I know it is subjective but sure seems that way.     Jim

When the water-pump went on my 88 Minicruiser - it wound up costing over $2000 to get fixed.  The irony is - I had a brand new water-pump on-board along with a complete engine-gasket set. Breakdowns out on the road can pretty easily turn into little disasters.

When you get where you are going replace the fuel filter chances are pretty high it's never been done and it is possible that it can stress the pump.

After reading this topic, I went and ordered a fuel pump, strainer, and gasket to keep in yoda. Also measured and made note of where the pump is under floor. Perfect spot with nothing in the way, good 1.5 inches of space between fuel lines and floor. Always have a drill and keyhole saw with me, so no problem to cut floor. Floor has a thick carpet to hide the patch if I ever have to do this. Figure if I have one I will never need it!!

2 hours ago, RVdaytrader said:

After reading this topic, I went and ordered a fuel pump, strainer, and gasket to keep in yoda. Also measured and made note of where the pump is under floor. Perfect spot with nothing in the way, good 1.5 inches of space between fuel lines and floor. Always have a drill and keyhole saw with me, so no problem to cut floor. Floor has a thick carpet to hide the patch if I ever have to do this. Figure if I have one I will never need it!!

Wish I would have thought spare pump.   The pump will require a bigger hole than you think, the pump does not pull straight out it requires a bit of finagling.

On 9/15/2016 at 9:42 AM, Maineah said:

When you get where you are going replace the fuel filter chances are pretty high it's never been done and it is possible that it can stress the pump.

I replaced the filter before I left and it did not sink in,  it was cruddy inside, so much so I was surprised it worked.   A good mechanic would have asked,where is all that crud coming from?  I just assumed it was long term build up. 

On 9/13/2016 at 3:28 PM, WME said:

Drain the fuel tank, pour in a cup of diesel and a triple handful of nuts n bolts and shake. Gravel will also work, lots of sharp edges to knock off the rust.

P.S. Always park your RV with the fuel tank full to prevent condensation which causes rust.

I suspect if I tried that I would end up with a sieve.

You put a new pump and sleeve in a rusty tank?

15 hours ago, jjrbus said:

Wish I would have thought spare pump.   The pump will require a bigger hole than you think, the pump does not pull straight out it requires a bit of finagling.

Jim....how big an opening in floor do you think would be needed?? As I said, mine is in a good spot. I could make a hole as big as 22" if needed.