S Dakota Badlands National park

jjrbus

When you get to WY you will see the same speed limit , there are some Reduce speed to 75 signs ? Very important when driving a Toy to avoid a ticket.

Did you stop at Wall Drug.

How would you liked to be a Homesteader in that part of SD?

Edited by WME

Wandered through Wall drug kinda quickly.  Did shop at a grocery store in town, Don't know how anyone could afford to live there.

Homesteading there boggles my mind,  I cannot imagine their mindset or how they did it.

I love the Badlands.  It has always been our first night campgrounds on every trip "out west."  I try to head west every 3 or 4 years just to keep from going through mountain withdrawal.  It is about 700 miles from my house to the campground in the Badlands.  We leave at about 3:00 am so that we can get there early enough to get a campsite.  My wife and I are both morning people so it only means getting up 1 or 2 hours early.

I never fail to be in awe when thinking about the settlers that tried to make a living on 160 acres of sand and rock.  

I think the only way I would ever get my 22Re to 80 mph would be to drop it out of a cargo plane without a parachute.