• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am going to make the tire purchase and ive heard yall give good reviews of thunderer's so i decided to go with those... I couldnt find them on the simple tire site but i found them here... Can someone confirm that these tires will work for my 81 sunrader?

guna buy 7 of them!

https://www.tires-easy.com/185-14/thunderer-tires/ranger-r101/tirecode/TH0304

39 minutes ago, Dgillies said:

So I am going to make the tire purchase and ive heard yall give good reviews of thunderer's so i decided to go with those... I couldnt find them on the simple tire site but i found them here... Can someone confirm that these tires will work for my 81 sunrader?

guna buy 7 of them!

https://www.tires-easy.com/185-14/thunderer-tires/ranger-r101/tirecode/TH0304

Yes correct tires for our rigs and almost the same price as the other place. Definitely a good buy

Linda S

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2017 at 4:55 PM, RedEmerald said:

Hello everyone. I'm new here and just thought I would jump into the fray.
 I just purchased a 1990 Itasca Spirit 21'. i originally was was just going to flip it because I got such a nice deal on it and I "thought" I wanted something bigger. But fell in love with it on the first day. It isn't spotless clean but it is in really good condition throughout. the only rough area is the graffics ( decals ). So I am going to hang onto her. And I will soon be full time in her. I'm the adventurous sort. Will try to get some pics of it up soon.

Anyway, back to the topic. I don't have lots of money, very tight budget but I am starting to go thru the maintenance on it. First off is replacing all four rear tires. They are horrible to the point I am afraid to drive it now. The front were already replaced. So I guess this is for those money misers like me. I'll be your  guinea pig, huckleberry or what ever. I am ordering a tire that I have not heard mentioned on here. It is from a website called Simpletire.com I ordered today and they were shipped today and the tracking says here by end of day on 1-17-17. Never used this site but am very impressed so far. Ill keep you guys up to date on the performance.

Here is a link to the tire I purchased: https://simpletire.com/eldorado-185-r14c-th0304-tires 

Oh yeah, total cost plus shipping was $247.00 and meet all Winnebago requirements.

Cheers, RedEmerald

So I just bought two more of these tires. I saw some cracking from dry rot on the front tires that I had not seen before. So as I knew that I was going to be mounting these tires tomorrow I decided to go ahead and touch up the paint on the rims......hey, aint got to worry about overspray. :)

I got to thinking about the little center inserts on the wheel and it accrued to me that these things may be hard to replace. Am I right?

Mounting the new tires tomorrow.......and supervising the tire guy.    :|)

Edited by RedEmerald
spelling

On 3/9/2017 at 5:08 PM, RedEmerald said:

So I just bought two more of these tires. I saw some cracking from dry rot on the front tires that I had not seen before. So as I knew that I was going to be mounting these tires tomorrow I decided to go ahead and touch up the paint on the rims......hey, aint got to worry about overspray. :)

I got to thinking about the little center inserts on the wheel and it accrued to me that these things may be hard to replace. Am I right?

Mounting the new tires tomorrow.......and supervising the tire guy.    :|)

Holy Stuff !!!! Whoops, misspelled that S word.

Five days after my tires were supposed to be delivered by Fedex I finally got my tires. I have fought with everyone, Simpletire.com, FEDEX and even the Google Trusted Store folks. Finally after all this time the route owner stepped forward and remembered that he had left the tires at the wrong adress and just brought them to me.

Toddy Time !    :)

• 2 months later...

Hi There I have noticed in this thread people are using different PSI pressure in there tires. My Manual shows 50 psi for my 1991 Toyota Winnebago.

So that what I have put in them. They had about 38psi when I got the RV.  Should I be running less? Going on our first trip at the end of the month so I

want to have everything setup before we leave.

Thanks Paul

Though I have no official internal documentation to prove it, I'm sure at least part of the reason for the 50psi inflation pressure recommendation is because these were supplied new with 185R14 6-ply tires which happen to have a maximum inflation pressure of (you guessed it) 50 psi! :)

If you look back to 1990, Winnebago suggested BOTH 50psi AND something a bit lower! (see attached).

If you look at the Load Inflation Table, it was safe (in terms of load carrying) to have them at 38psi, but there's more to safety than load carrying. There's also handling, traction, braking, comfort, wear, noise, etc. You're free to try other pressures to decide what's the best for you. There's no official 'best' pressure.

28 28 1990.jpg

50psi 1990.jpg

50psi 1991.jpg

81 Sunrader 28 36.jpg

85 Sunrader.jpg

That 's the place I got my info from. What a variety of PSI settings

Maybe I will back it off to 45psi on the way back from my trip and see if there is a difference .

The first time I drove it on the highway seem a little mussy at the 38psi setting ( could be how they are ). But since then I have added air into the rear air bags.

They were low for the recommend pressure by the manufacture.  So that could have made a difference too.