How to get under the divan.

arstart

I just purchased a 1986 Dolphin that has had the overhead AC removed sometime in the past.  It has a small 110 AC in the window over the divan. The ac plug is currently plugged in on the back bathroom wall.  I would like to put in a 110 outlet under the divan but can't figure out how to get the divan up out of the way.  It is the style that is super easy to make into a bed. The back portion that sits against the wall just folds down over the bottom portion and makes the bottom portion extend out toward the table.

Here is the problem.  I can't figure out how to get the divan up out of the way to put in the electric plug.  Any suggestions?

In my 85 dolphin, the seat portion of the couch is independent of the clever fold-down backrest. Not easy to reach, but there were four nuts on the underside, more or less at the corners, holding it in place. I don't know how easily that portion will come out with the back rest in place once those nuts are off because I had already removed the backrest portion (permanently) when I removed mine. I now leave those nuts off so I can lift that up whenever I need to. The sofa has never moved with them not in place.