I replaced the grey and black water sensors in the tanks, they seem to work now...I have heard that the grey and black indicators are all but worthless? Any thoughts

There are different types of sensors.   The type that rely on protruding into the tank and moisture are virtually useless in a black tank in my opinion. Unless the tank is completely cleaned after every dump.  There are foil tape types that mount on the outside of tanks that work better.

SeeLevel tank monitors get good reviews, at $200 they should.   

There may be other new technology's out that I am unaware of?

After RV'ing for some time I did not bother fixing my sensors, you develop a feel for tank levels after a bit and when unsure most can look at the fresh tank with a light and see the level.  The black tank can be checked by shining a flash light into the toilet when flushing.  As long as batteries are kept fresh in flashlight it is a never fail, green, non hazardous, eco friendly technology.  

Thanks JJR, I have had my Toy for only about 2 months now and have been using the eye-level flashlight test. I guess I'm just anal and want everything to work! 8 sensors cost me about $15 online and they have a much larger smooth tip than the old ones. I certainly won't be relying on the panel. I just wish that it would make the clasic Star Trek beep when I push the button! :-)

Jeff

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Burger said:

Thanks JJR, I have had my Toy for only about 2 months now and have been using the eye-level flashlight test. I guess I'm just anal and want everything to work! 8 sensors cost me about $15 online and they have a much larger smooth tip than the old ones. I certainly won't be relying on the panel. I just wish that it would make the clasic Star Trek beep when I push the button! :-)

Jeff

It is your Toy, play with it any way you like,  there is seldom just one "right" way.      Jim

My gray is just about worthless, goes from Empty to Full overflowing out of the shower in an instant, as I learned that hard way TWICE :ranting2:

I just empty my gray tank on a weekly basis now.  All the others seem to be accurate.

Edited by Jaunt