Jump to content
Totem

National Dog Day, so whats yours?

Recommended Posts

I'm a Dog guy. lets just get that out there; my toy wont have cats in it... ever.

Today being national Dog day I celebrate my GSD; he keeps the fort held down and is my not so little buddy (why do dogs have to be little? should change the pet zones description from little buddy to buddy; unless of course we mean little like calling Lou Farrigno "Tiny")

Most people, I will admit, that I encounter at Camp sites have the old world style power dogs. They were bred small like that in European times so that Rube Goldberg devices could be run off of them running in a hamster wheel in some cases;or  for some other small breeds to hunt small game..

Large or small, dogs are not only a family member they are always chief of security, they will let you know if they think something isn't right even if everything is.

All it takes is for that one time they bark at you and you wake up smelling smoke or seeing an intruder chased off that you know it was worth it to feed them and take care of them all those years. My dog seems to have an uncanny way about him when he knows someone isn't right.. and while i hush him I am secretly thinking I probably better watch this person better.

So happy Dog day, anyway, to all of our buddies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twelve year old AKC Maltese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 12 year old junkyard Min Pin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 year-old Border-Collie.  Her she is "roughing it" on a camping trip with us.

sine.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two Great Danes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im heavily thinking about getting a great dane for my next dog. I know their lifespan isn't the greatest but the ones Ive met have been excellent dogs in temperament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never a dull moment with these two knuckleheads 

(The dogs I mean...my daughter isn't a knucklehead)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Motordome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 1/2 yr old lab/mixed breed.  They used to be called mutts.  Now people call them designer dogs.  to me, he is a great mid sized mutt.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a mutt along with the min-pin. She a Doxie Terrier mix, we almost called her VW cause she's so ugly she cute. Loyal and a fierce ratter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 26, 2016 at 0:39 PM, Totem said:

I'm a Dog guy. lets just get that out there; my toy wont have cats in it... ever.

Today being national Dog day I celebrate my GSD; he keeps the fort held down and is my not so little buddy (why do dogs have to be little? should change the pet zones description from little buddy to buddy; unless of course we mean little like calling Lou Farrigno "Tiny")

Most people, I will admit, that I encounter at Camp sites have the old world style power dogs. They were bred small like that in European times so that Rube Goldberg devices could be run off of them running in a hamster wheel in some cases;or  for some other small breeds to hunt small game..

Large or small, dogs are not only a family member they are always chief of security, they will let you know if they think something isn't right even if everything is.

All it takes is for that one time they bark at you and you wake up smelling smoke or seeing an intruder chased off that you know it was worth it to feed them and take care of them all those years. My dog seems to have an uncanny way about him when he knows someone isn't right.. and while i hush him I am secretly thinking I probably better watch this person better.

So happy Dog day, anyway, to all of our buddies.

 

Hey now! Watch it about the cats. We have a 16 year old hospice foster cat we took in from the local shelter. He loves to camp! We're switch hitters. We love dogs and cats. Our hound is a Blue Heeler German Shepherd mix. In defense of cats, dogs can't purr! Until you've snuggled up with a purring fur ball you don't know what you're missing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 23, 2016 at 5:26 PM, jmowrey said:

Hey now! Watch it about the cats. We have a 16 year old hospice foster cat we took in from the local shelter. He loves to camp! We're switch hitters. We love dogs and cats. Our hound is a Blue Heeler German Shepherd mix. In defense of cats, dogs can't purr! Until you've snuggled up with a purring fur ball you don't know what you're missing.

 

Actually we're missing our cat. It ran off as was its won't on 4th July and never came home.  Being that i asked wife not to get the fury little box filler in the first place, i was naturally unmoved when our neighbor found it had died in their bushes. Alas we learned it had been killed by its own fleas which lovingly decided to go after the dog and us after kitty departed. Had the cat stayed an indoor animal i could have missed it but it was too determined to get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fritz Von Doggy

dog pack301a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2016 at 9:14 AM, Totem said:

Im heavily thinking about getting a great dane for my next dog. I know their lifespan isn't the greatest but the ones Ive met have been excellent dogs in temperament.

I have had several my old one is now 11 my oldest was 13 they are indeed gentle giants. This one had to get up on the couch to turn around in the toy home it was too narrow for him to mage the bend. He did however have no problem getting into the cab over bunk with me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...