3 month trip

jjrbus

After months of prep some of it frustrating.   I got the Toy ready to travel,  I am not doing a lot of the cosmetic work or I will never get going.   I have driven the Toy on many little trips to make sure everything is functioning and road ready.

Got a nice early start  About 10 miles down the road the AC blower motor started to make a bit of noise.   Decided to keep going and 20 miles down the road had to stop and look at it.  Noise stopped so kept going.   Another 10 miles and starts again, so go home or live with it and fix it on the road, Well I'm not going back! 

The Toy is handling well, which it should all the bushings and shocks, tie rod ends, ball joints have been replaced.  Traveling along and check the temp gauge,  nice and cool, I have no idea what the temp is but the needle is no where near the red,  the TPS is showing tire pressure a couple pounds higher than I set the pressure at so other than a little warm in the cab, life is good.

I normally do not keep tract of MPG as I don't want to know, with the Toy I will have to make some fill-up and route judgements so need to know. Last RV had a 140 gal tank so was not an issue. I seem to be getting good MPG but am not going to report on one tank of gas, hardly an accurate figure.

Then the VA calls,  I have a compensation review next Monday.  For those of you that are not familiar with the VA, even though I am combat wounded and have had a disability for 45 years, they will take any opportunity to screw veterans out of their just compensation.  So I am back typing this on my home computer and hoping I might be able to get back on the road someday.

Jim SW FL

You wont be able to read this, but I thank you for your service. Its a shame that those that are in power currently have not been appointing people to the VA that run it in a good way. All we can hope for is better appointed people to run the VA in the future. Be careful who you vote for...

The review will take 30 min., after you wait 1 hr.

We have had snow already, so if your going to be one the road for 3 months at least make sure that your heater fan is working. BOTH cab and house heaters. If you headed south, fix the A/C fan.

USAF retired

Edited by WME

On 8/26/2016 at 0:03 AM, WME said:

The review will take 30 min., after you wait 1 hr.

We have had snow already, so if your going to be one the road for 3 months at least make sure that your heater fan is working. BOTH cab and house heaters. If you headed south, fix the A/C fan.

USAF retired

Poop, I'm heading that way and  I just unhooked my furnace gas line as I suspect a leaking valve.     Snow, it's August for Pete's sake!   

Here in FL I have to put socks on when it goes down to 60!      

Why do you wait an hour afterwards?      Never recall that.         Jim

Edited by jjrbus

Naw you wait 1 hr before the review, like a doctors office.;)

Edited by WME

9 minutes ago, WME said:

Naw you wait 1 hr before the review, like a doctors office.;)

The staff at the local VA do not tolerate long waits, often if I am early I am ushered right in!   Except for the pharmacy, sick, crippled, maimed, old people standing in line for prescriptions, go figure. 

Good for your local VA. Ours was one of those that got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar, when it came to fudging appointment dates