Rear brakes sticking

Todd Lambiotte

56 minutes ago, Todd Lambiotte said:

i have checked rock auto and best i can tell they only have rear rubber lines for 1/2 ton any suggestions

This is the correct hose as I recall.  17" long.  

brake hose 2.jpg

brake hose.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just got it back from the third shop and still having problems. Second shop only cleaned all the parts and it was working fine according to them. It wasn't. Last shop replaced the rubber brake hose and still having the same problem. The more I drive the worse it gets. What's next wheel cylinders and new spring kits? I ready to push it over a hill but the darn brakes stick and I cant.  

On 16/08/2016 at 10:59 AM, WME said:

Very weird and very rare, the bias valve is sticking. Even weirder the short rubber hose that between the valve and axle has damage inside and is acting as sort of a one way valve

There was a rash of such happenings (rash =3)  between here, Yahoo and Yota forums.  I replaced rubber brake lines as preventive measure.   How wrong can you be replacing 20+ year old rubbber? 

Start here and read all 3 pages

WME thanks for the info. I think i am just gonna replace the valve and wheel cylinders and put on a new spring kit. The problem get worse the longer i drive it but if i let it sit for a few minutes the brakes release. Something is restricting the fluid and not allowing the brakes to release is my guess or the springs are worn out.

• 1 month later...

Well the hunt is over and it turns out it was the master cylinder. I was not letting the fluid back through and holding pressure on the rear brakes. The mechanic checked this by cracking the rear brake line loose at the MC and there was pressure on the line. He said the fluid should drain out but should not have pressure on it.  Hope this helps someone else.

• 7 months later...