I'll never complain about going slow uphill again.

We took a trip up to Geneva on the Lake, Ohio last weekend. About 300 miles round. Very nice. I kept wanting to say, "Man, this Dolphin is running good" but I bit my tongue, thinking "We're not home yet". A half an hour or so out, it started acting up. Did not want to go up hills at all. I'm on the shoulder, 10 mph, with the blinkers on, trying to think which way home has the least hills. And we finally made it.

I really thought the tranny was going, but in the bright light of the next morning I thought about it and read about it and decided that it had to be the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). I pulled off the throttle body and following the instructions on the internet, I did the ohm test procedure. Now I'm not much of a mechanic. The TPS passed three out of the four ohm tests, but I didn't have faith that I was doing it correctly.

So I packed up the throttle body and took it to work and when I passed the Toyota dealer I stopped in and asked if they could test the TPS for me. They called me later and said "Well it passed three out of the four tests, we think it's shot".  Oh me of little faith. So I could have got it a little cheaper at work but I told him to go ahead and order it, hey they did the test. I asked if they could put it on and do the ohm meter adjustments and he said no, they want the whole truck there. In other words "We could but we won't", but at least now I have the confidence that I can do it myself. And so it goes.