Rig Weight?

donttreadonme

Yup. Were pretty much all overweight. Greg's king cab Sunrader 4x4 weighed in at 7600 lbs and that the earlier chassis with less weight rating. If it was a serious issue we wouldn't be here. They would have all fallen apart years ago

Linda S

During my redoing I was interested in seeing where I was weight wise so took my 94 SeaBreeze to a Cat scale and it weighted 5600 lbs.  This is unfinished, empty holding tanks, one person.  

I have a weight report from previous owner in Feb, 1999 showing 7,235 lb total weight.  He must have been hauling bricks or maybe he and the wife missed a few Weight Watcher meetings during the holidays?  Also the weight place recommended 65psi in his tires, but does not say which tires he had and reports not having a weight chart for the tires.

It was done by an outfit called A'Weigh We Go from Chuckey Tn. 

Jim SW FL

Edited by jjrbus

6 hours ago, linda s said:

Yup. Were pretty much all overweight. Greg's king cab Sunrader 4x4 weighed in at 7600 lbs and that the earlier chassis with less weight rating.

87 Itasca 19RB weighing in at 5460 on the cat scale fully loaded with my wife and I.  This was after the remodel and I was worried being heavy.  Being 40lb under GVWR was a surprise as we had quite a bit packed.  I was initially concerned until I saw how much others were weighing in at.

With the lighter rig, I am able to get up to speeds a little less turtle like and until it gets up past 80 degrees out, have no issues keeping 60-65 on the highway except for steeper grades. 

From original paperwork from Toyota and Winnebago that came with my 94 Warrior:

From Toyota,   6000 GVWR

From Winnebago,  6000  GVWR

2300  GAWR FRT

4400  GAWR RR

Base weight w/o options and all tanks/storage area empty.................................................................5007

Roof air, 4 burner w/oven, 2500 watt generator, TV antenna, cab upgrade pkg...................................243

Engine fuel 17 gals................................................................................................................................102

Unloaded vehicle weight..(sum of above)............................................................................................5352

Net carrying capacity.............................................................................................................................648

So if fresh water, propane, bedding, tools, clothes, food, electronic devices, toiletries, bike carrier and two bicycles, misc, come to 318 lbs and me and my wife are together 330 lbs, we will not exceed GVWR.

2 hours ago, Back East Don said:

87 Itasca 19RB weighing in at 5460 on the cat scale fully loaded with my wife and I.  This was after the remodel and I was worried being heavy.  Being 40lb under GVWR was a surprise as we had quite a bit packed.  I was initially concerned until I saw how much others were weighing in at.

With the lighter rig, I am able to get up to speeds a little less turtle like and until it gets up past 80 degrees out, have no issues keeping 60-65 on the highway except for steeper grades. 

Yes much easier to stay below max weight with the smaller rigs. My Sunrader only weighed 5260 and that was pretty loaded up. Parked next to an Odyssey or an Easy Ryder it looks tiny. I don't know how much the Easy Ryder weighs but it's the only true 24ft Toyota motorhome that I know of. Little is better

Linda S

1986 Escaper 22RE, 6250lb. Full water, full gas, full propane, food for 3 days. NO PEOPLE

1984 mrv savannah 22r carb 4 speed.  Full of fuel 12.5 gal tank. No food, people or belongings. Fresh and waste tanks empty.  5,620 lbs