Sunrader floorplan

picklebill

Hi all,

Great site! We are looking for an 18 foot Sunrader to replace our truck and camper - it got 7 mpg on out last trip to the desert driving an alot of dirt roads. We have always liked the Sunrader, ever since we visited the factory in Vallejo, Ca. back in the mid 1980's. At that time, we opted for the truck/camper combo to have a truck to haul building materials Etc. when we weren't on the road. My question is - do all the 18 foot models have the same floor plan? As you know, the Sunraders are getting harder to find, and we would like to actually go inside one to see if they really would work for us. If there is only one floorplan, then it would make it easier to maybe buy one sight unseen (like Ebay for instance). Thanks in advance for any info you folks could provide.

Greg - I really appreciate this site, and will be forwarding a donation as soon as I get some money ahead.

Bill

Thank you Bill

The 18 footers all have the same floor plan but there are differences. Mine is an 86. My rear dinnette table goes all the way to the rear window yet some have the seating go all the way around the back. Above my refer I have a small countertop where in others there is a small cabinit then a counter top that has a small railing around the edge. Other differences are where the heater and tanks might be located. Many of these I am sure are modifications due to different years but some may be special order. But basicly its all the same layout. The baths are small with no sink. I have a difficult time putting on my shoes sitting at the table. here is a link to the sunrader brochure showing the floor plans http://www.toyotamotorhomes.com/manuals/SunraderClassics.pdf

Thanks again

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for the info on floorplans - the brochure was invaluable! On the technical data page there is a handwritten figure of 31,744. Would this have been the price of a unit in the mid '80's? Boy, I remember them as being expensive, but that was alot of money back then. Still looking and am real disappointed that the folks that had the '88 FWD decided not to sell it

Regards,

Bill

Bill

I am not 100% sure but I think that was the price for my 4x4 rig. Mine though has the mocha interior and not the grey as written on the accessories page.

You never know if Mac will sell his 4x4, he bought a bigger Motorhome. The 18 footers are pretty small, I would not recommend them for family situations.

Greg