Gas line test

jjrbus

no  L P detector in my late 1987 Dolphon. on a side note I hear the brand new campers are not using copper for the gas tubing. if true I would think LP leak detection even mor e needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some research and talked to a gas tech and still wasn't satisfied with 9 gal propane being put into my tank of  32" X 10".  I remembered that a specification chart was on one of the cabinet doors and I at it .  It says that the make was Brunner and it was 45 LBS.

According to the research I did one of the charts I found on internet said that a 32 X 10 held 7.9 gal. and a 32" X 12" held 11.2 gallon. I'm just going to turn my refrigerator on and run it on gas instead of electricity to get it cold, maybe that will  use some of the gas and not waste it,   before I leave for my next camping trip.  Below is the chart I found on the cabinet door in my Sunland Express.

homer

DSC00415.JPG

Edited by Homer

BTY that tag says 45 lbs, not 45 gal. That's about 10.7 gal. Propane weigh 4.2 lbs per gallon.

I find that using smell is more sensitive than the cheap sniffer. And soapy spray helps track down the exact location of leaks

As usual the Gremlins are alive and well on my rig.  I have noticed what seems to be a very faint gas smell on the outside of my furnace, not inside but in the outside exhaust vent area. Not even sure it is a gas smell.  I have a suspicion what it is but not sure.    

For now I unhooked and plugged line to furnace and will instigate after returning from this trip.