AC air-flow efficiency

Simple question: what would happen if I completely sealed the vent on the rear-face of the air-conditioner?  I don't think I need so much air blowing on the bathroom since the AC is all the way to the rear in the kitchen.  I'd like more air to flow to the living area and bed.  If I put pressed cardboard and duct tape over the rear vent, would the forward vent push out more air, or would it end up going out the intake vent?

Thanks for any help.

Thomas

Dolphin portrait.jpg

simple air mechanics. if the air can only escape from one of two places it will do so with more force and more resistance in the remaining one; this could put a wee bit of stress on the fan/blower though. hard to say.

Ours has a closable vent on the kitchen side. Plus, I put a piece of gorilla tape over it to really seal it, because like you, I didn't see any reason to be blowing cold air onto my kitchen sink. No problem. You are really just closing a duct. The air will go out the other side.It's such a small space, it all cools off pretty quickly anyway.

my kitchen vent is also a problem, because my AC when on hi blows so cold it will actually chill the percolating coffee pot too much and keep it from boiling!