Sunrader shower won't drain

sweetleon

So the shower/floor drain on my Sunrader seems not to be draining. Worse yet, when I flush the toilet some yellow water comes up thru the drain. ?

Does this mean that my shower is somehow connected to my black water tank, or that my toilet is connected to the grey water tank?

Also, the panel says that grey water is only 1/4 full and black is empty.

Your insight and guidance are greatly appreciated. Heck, even a snarky reply would be nice. ?

I do believe the shower in the 18' Sunrader drains into the black water wank directly below it.

Have you actually drained the tanks to confirm that when they're showing empty, they're empty. I don't think the gauges have much of a reputation for being reliable or accurate.

I hope this reply isn't too snarky. :)

Not inconceivable (your welcome Totem) that the gauges are not, how shall we say, accurate.  The lowest point to the drain system is the toilet and second is the shower.  In the SunRader, the shower and toilet are connected if my information serves me right (thank you Totem).  There is a gross way of checking.  Turn off the water pump and relieve the water pressure at the sink faucet into a bucket.  Then with a flashlight, flush the toilet and peek down the opening with the flashlight.

The observation should be obvious

Thanks! I'll investigate the tank level after work.

Does this mean that the only thing that connects to the grey water tank is my (kitchen) sink? If so, is there really much value to having separate black and grey tanks? Seems like it'd be easier to just have a larger black tank.

Thanks, everybody!

I looked into the black water tank via the toilet as several of you suggested, and it turns out that the tank and the panel gauge for it are both full of ?! On the bright side, all I have to do is flush the black water tank.

Anybody have any suggestions for where to flush a black water tank in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Thanks again!

LOL.

you have the same engineering my Sunrader has. I too have the kinetic tank gauges, that is to say if stank riseth its time to dumpeth.

There was a guy in here, waiter, who did a great writeup on fixing the gauges for the tank level meters using copper foil and some tape and what not. I need to do this also as seeing/smelling my full tank is not the greatest approach.

Unsure of California on dumping RVs but in other states when full I look for public rest stations that sometimes have them, or local campgrounds or state campgrounds, just drive in turn around and the dump stations are usually right on the exit path out.. OR.. if severely desperate the "Flying J" truckstops or other truckstops will often allow you to dump for a small fee.

Edited by Totem

Thanks, Totem! I think this is the post you're referencing:

And thanks to Waiter for posting it!