Unfriendly Toyota New World sighting

zero

There are a lot of veterans around the country, that after multiple combat tours have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and traumatic brain injury's are pretty screwed up, then add to that the Veterans Administration screws them out of their disability's and medical care they end up in pretty dismal conditions with poor people skills.

There an estimated 55,000 homeless veterans in the US and an average of 22 vets are committing suicide every day!

1 hour ago, Derek up North said:

Totally unnecessary with a 40x zoom. :)

If I remember the conversion the biggest lens I had would have been around 65x (650-1300mm).  Sometimes you pull out a big lens like that, along with a tripod in public places, you attract the attention of industrial level crazy people.  Everybody is safe now.  I donated all my Nikon gear to a young photographer my daughter knows that still shoots 35mm and develops it himself.  He has a way better eye than I ever did.  Talent, you can't buy or rent it.  All I have left is an older digital Canon that is small and my phone. 

I was thinking more of the compactness of a modern 40x digital camera. Of course even they're becoming obsolete (and an attention getter) as everyone seems to use nothing but their phone or 'pad these days.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/canon-canon-powershot-sx410-20-0mp-40x-optical-zoom-digital-camera-black-0107c001/10362703.aspx

1 hour ago, Derek up North said:

can't help but think of that classic George Orwell "1984".

On 7/15/2016 at 6:05 AM, Back East Don said:

Wish it was more like Jeep Wrangler owners as it is customary to wave while driving past each other.

Just about all motorcyclists wave to each other.

For what it's worth, I find that people get friendlier as population density declines. In NYC people avoid eye contact on the street. In San Francisco brief eye contact is acceptable but people don't say hello to strangers. In small towns, people say hello. In remote villages, they ask what the heck you're doing here. ?

Edited by sweetleon

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I noticed the window and door layout is different than my New World, were they all different?  This model RV is such a mystery so far!

Edited by NewWorldWanderer

When my kids (4 daughters) were small and we had a very tight budget, we traveled all over the country in a Chevy Caprice and Starcraft pop-up.  We chose to live on a tight budget so that we could take a 2 week vacation every year.  

We loved the pop-up and had set up and tear down totally nailed.  We could pull into a camp site and get everything set up and dinner on the table in 5 to 10 minutes.  We could pack up in a rain storm and put everything away without getting the mattresses wet.  We would wrap the mattress in a cheap throw away painters plastic drop cloth before removing the bungees on the ends and taking down the support poles.  One of our daughters recently bought her own pop-up and has a group of women that travel with her. In June they spent a week in Yellowstone.  The husbands all get left home.  It is a girls only vacation.