Just bought a '93 Itasca Spirit, the previous owner took out the A/C (she was hitting her head on it!) and put in a Fantastic fan. It works so well that I came up with an alternative A/C solution. I found a portable spot A/C unit on Amazon for $350. It stors upright behind the dining table when not in use. I used a car shade to seal off the exhaust air in the bathroom and use the vent exhaust fan to pull the hot air created by the unit to the outside. The unit is rated at 5600 btu.I originally had the unit outside and used an aluminum duct to pipe the cold air in through a window- not nearly as efficient though. The car shade is held up by a couple of velcro tabs and the unit rolls into place or outof the way to use the bathroom. It also plugs in to the bathroom outlet for power.See pic...

RvAC.jpg

I did this exact same thing prior to buying my roof AC unit. those porto AC units are cheap and use far less amps than rooftop.

Ultimately I found it couldnt keep up with the heat in July though and got rooftop.

• 1 month later...

After using the unit in hot weather- it does help but I know it is not as good as a rooftop.It does however work better outside with a 4" aluminum vent attached and fed through a window. Feels very good at least when it is blowing directly at you!

ENJOY Totem!

Jeff

20160702_200518.jpg