Fantastic vent, another broken part, oh joy.

Just about the time I think I have replaced every part, broken or damaged another one shows up.    So the other day it is raining hard and drip, drip, drip, coming from the Fantastic vent.  Not from around the vent but right in through the fan.   I start looking for the source and I notice the ??? vent arm bushing/guide is missing.

I cant get a good photo the arm is sliding under the metal guide on the dome. Not sure on model number and or part name I call Fantastic.  Remember when they sent out free replacement parts?  I left my number and they returned my call nice lady gave me the part number K8011-05, they sell if for $11.20 and shipping and handleing is $15.00. I was nice but informed her I would duct tape it shut before I spent $15 for shipping.  She said she would not pay it either!

So need to poke around on the net to find the part (or a new roll of duct tape:D) and how to dissassemble the fan and replace the part.   I will look for the source of the leak when I get an arm.

Anyone got an easy repair,  if I had more time I suspect I could jury rig something?                           Jim

IMG_0821.JPG

Thanks for the response,  Amazon is my go to for many things, the delivery drivers and I are on a first name basis!    Actually I call them Santa Clause.    

I hear you there. There's a section in Amazon where you can get order history reports and total spent, it scares me to look at it. :)

I've made one out of an old plastic cutting  board.

Take it apart and get a good look, maybe it just "popped out"

2 hours ago, Kale said:

I hear you there. There's a section in Amazon where you can get order history reports and total spent, it scares me to look at it. :)

You can run reports going back to since you joined.  You can also download it as a comma separated excel file.  I've do this yearly for identifying purchases for tax deductions.  And yes, I've spent way too much.