Time to start the bed area,  I only have 15 projects going on so 16 is a nice even number.  We are getting biblical amounts of rain and have an outside table saw, so cutting is out for a bit.

The bed area looked ok, but was waaay too weak and needs to be redone. When I pulled the old one apart I was surprised how much bigger it makes the Toy seem, but am not interested in having the crawl through from the cab. I'm 68 everything hurts, I ain't crawling through there anyway!   The project is going smoothly but is more complicated than I thought, plus will be dragged out while waiting for glue ups to dry.

I bought a carpet remnant that is almost the same color as what was in there and blends with the wallpaper.  I think Don has the same wallpaper?  Remnant,   9X12 for $25, I could do the whole thing. At some point I would like to replace the carpet in the cab also.

As I was planning this I had a thought, OH OH,  will try and take pic's and post as I progress.       Jim

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

When I re-did the berth I managed to get an extra inch or so in width for the mattress.  Was thinking if I could extend it out another couple, I would be able to fit a standard 60 x80 mattress along with normal bedding that fits.  These things are important to my wife.  I've ordered a new mattress and will be doing the same soon.  So keep taking pictures.

My door is in the way, so a 60" is not going to fit!  There is a 48" mattress available, but big bucks.  I ordered a  full size foam and will cut it to 48" as there is 48" bedding available.  I have also added a couple inches, but will not utilize it for the bed because of the bedding.  I was going to order the 4" mattress but noticed they changed it from a mattress to a topper so went with the 6"

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations-6-Memory-Foam-Mattress/12177338

The Toy AC is incapable of cooling the entire unit, so added the couple inches to toy with a pull down separator. I cannot see why it would not work, but many of my brilliant ideas have ended up on the scrap pile:sorcerer:

Pictures,  will do.       

electric bread knife cuts those foam mattresses awesomely.  Thats what I used on ours.. and now I am thinking about crafting new cushions for birth bed. Originals are a bit ancient .

14 hours ago, jjrbus said:

My door is in the way, so a 60" is not going to fit!  There is a 48" mattress available, but big bucks.  I ordered a  full size foam and will cut it to 48" as there is 48" bedding available.  I have also added a couple inches, but will not utilize it for the bed because of the bedding.  I was going to order the 4" mattress but noticed they changed it from a mattress to a topper so went with the 6"     

I'll end up a couple inches into the doorway.  I might not even extend, rather just have the mattress hang over a bit. Not cutting this time either way.  I ordered the 8" thick along with one of the waterproof dust mite mattress covers.  It ends up the same thickness I have already with the topper.  Supposed to arrive today. 

Started the frame work this morning for the seating and won't have enough time to deal with the berth this week. So still not sure how I'll deal with the opening this weekend.  Weather is finally getting nice so I'm not taking on any new business projects for a few weeks.  Though still cooler than expected for early June it is nice working weather even with the rain here and there.

Wife is finally on board with keeping this little motorhome even if we go larger (though I really don't know why we need to).  Her plan is to wait a couple years anyway before buying anything.  So more work, more money being sunk into it.  Still a small fraction compared to what we could spend on an alternative.

On the rear bed/rear bath models the corner of the bed is cut at an angle. Maybe it would work for you.

11 hours ago, WME said:

On the rear bed/rear bath models the corner of the bed is cut at an angle. Maybe it would work for you.

I thought about an angle, a full size extends into the cab too much. Now a lift to raise the end of the bed up to the ceiling might be an idea :D

Rolling along at a snails pace,  Mother Nature is watering things in FL,  that old liquid sunshine thing again, mosquitoes love it!  Add that to what do I do now and trying to use what I have on hand sure slows things down.  Maybe I should take up golf?

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

Raining again, it's a "light rain" according to the weather,  looks pretty heavy to me.  So far so good just some minor opp's that have not yet put genius idea :sorcerer: on scrap pile >>>>>>yet!IMG_0774.JPGIMG_0776.JPGIMG_0777.JPGon scrap  Glad I spent the big bucks on the HF staple gun,  likely could not have finished this in one day with a hand stapler.  I did everything I could read about and think of to get the mitered carpet corners perfect, they are very good, I think a pro could get them a bit better?  

Mattress is arriving today and I am not ready for it.  It is a foam mattress squished up in a box so should not be an issue. 

Rain is putting this on hold so have some poly to apply to cabinet doors and might do some running around.  A bit of change in departure scheduled so cannot leave for at least 4 weeks no matter how fast I go.   

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

Edited by jjrbus

Sky is not that clear here but at least it's not raining.  I have a couple of the Grizzly nail guns along with a crown stapler.  Not high end but for the occasional use they get the job done.  I used the crown stapler to assemble the chair bases.  Glue, clamp then staple.  Remove clamps and repeat with the next piece.  All the staples are on the inside anyway.

Doing a great job.  Well, good thing you got an extension on your deadline.

I got my chairs in enough to head out tomorrow.  Fishing comes first.  I don't have the table yet but we'll use a folding one.  I'll have to mess with the finish bits next week.

The sun is shinning and it is nice out, things are going smoothly.  Time for a bit of a break so will add a couple of photo's.  I am following National's lead and using lot's of staples, I also am using carpet adhesive.  Again no major opp's able to hide everything so far with a little tweaking.  Look's like I may even be able to finish this today :rolleyes: I had lot's of extra carpet so using it with abandon, hope it does not turn out to be a mistake?

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

I tried, but could not finish today!  I did find a problematic opp's, I will have to do something with where the roller shade goes into the bracket, no room to get it in and out.  I thought I had compensated for it but missed. Does not have to be done till I have issue with shade.

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

I got it in my head that a full size mattress was 60", they are 54, so I did a lot of work to get rid of 5" . I have a 50" space.  I might have been able to use the full size, but too late now. There are sheets and such for 48" mattress but I will be using full size with sheet suspenders.   I did not pay enough attention (I'm too broke to pay attention :D) but I swear the mattress was in the cover upside down!

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, donttreadonme said:

So....Are there windows in the cab over that are covered up by the gray cushions or does this camper not have windows in the cab over?

Jim's done so much work he'll need to publish a guide just so we can catalog all of it.  The window treatment in front is this post