1981 Dolphin 19 MPG !!

zero

Just came up for sale not real far from me.  Seems every Toyota RV that shows up in classified ads gets amazingly great fuel mileage, but none of the ones I have ever driven could average better then 15 MPG (except my Chinooks).   There is also a Dolphin near me on a GMC S15 chassis with a 2.8 V6. I drove it for 60 miles on a test trip and got 12.5 MPG with it.  2.8 V6, and auto trans with lock-up converter and OD.  60 miles is not much of a test, but since I don't own it - and it has no license plates - it was all I could do. The owner claimed it got 25 MPG and I agreed to buy it if it even got 16 MPG. NOPE.  That all said, seems the 20R and 22Rs with carbs and manual tranmissions do the best of all of them.

Image2.jpg

00L0L_gp8q0LB6AHB_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_hqX4wpuP6JY_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_2zvkzqvKXe7_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_eXvW9ryBTdt_1200x900.jpg

To be fair it does say last trip. I can make a trip to the laundromat, which is all downhill and probably get 19 mpg. Now the trip back, well that would be a different story. LOL.

Some people think everyone else is stupid and they just flat out lie.  Others are delusional and could pass a lie detector test about their MPG. Either way no matter what they say it cannot be believed!

My 1985 Toyota 4Runner, manual with 22RE, would get 26 mpg at 55 mph. Much less aerodynamic drag and rolling resistance (4 tires that are not LT).