Heading South again.

payaso del mar

whoo hah!  work approved my leave for next week so i'm going fishing for 10 days.  still in the PayasoRoamer.....hoping i'll have the Bandito ready for the 4th of July trip.  the fishing reports are discouraging, though....one guy reporting nothing but pest fish:

I fished south, yesterday, in the AM. I was single-handing a flybridge boat. I set out REALLY SMALL lures (a 4 inch natural cedar plug, a Pakula UZI and a 5 inch Zuker feather) to try and avoid billfish, as I dont want to deal with releasing them by myself. Damn, if the buggers werent still trying to climb on at 2-4 miles out. I eventually just kept my eye on the spread and if I saw a bill enter, I just gunned it up to 16 knots and ran away from it. It worked; I never had one stick.

But no dorado. Lots of great paddies, but I was never more than nine miles out. I saw water anywhere from 74.5-77.8.

hopefully i'll have some good pix for y'all in 2 weeks......

i'm after anything i can sucker into biting.  here's a bad pic of a sailfish i released last summer trip. 

but i usually don't eat the big stuff, due to both mercury and sustainability concerns....plus, the catch and release ethic is strong in San Carlos for billfish and i wouldn't want to deal with the dirty looks if i killed a marlin.  too many sierra, grouper and snapper that taste better anyway.

P1010473.JPG

nope.  didn't the spear on the head cue you in?  I caught a sighting of the fabled HONDA UNICORN.......:ph34r:;)       cured the fouled plugs in my Everrude outboard just by being nearby