yup, mahogany.

Considering that the temperature swings will be from -20 to 100 i wanted something stable and light, oh and also attractive. Too bad I couldn't get cheap in the mix.

I was tempted to strip this to the shell and insulate but, as I dove in it looked more problematic , I couldn't figure how to approach the floors or vented areas, so I sanded and painted the paneling.

I believe I'll replace the ceiling cloth, perhaps put some foam insulation in. Anyone know of any problems with this?

Thanks

really nice work!  i'm going to have to borrow a few of your ideas for my Bandito. 

i'm with you on not pulling the cabinets if not needed yet.  you have any leakage around the top of your windows?

mine doesn't still have the ceiling cloth, but I don't know of any reason you couldn't do it.  how would you secure it to the roof?  and is your roof flat in the middle or has it gone concave?

The previous owner installed a skylight that had some leaking. I pulled it and resealed. That appears to be the only leaking in the whole rig. The cloth seams to be tacked to strips on the underside of the fiberglass top. No noticeable sagging.

Mostly I'm trying to figure how to transport two bikes without obstructing the rear door. I'd really like to avoid mounting a rack on top. It'd make for hard access and harder raising of the top.

For the time being I'll probably load them inside and unload whenever I camp

we have a Thule 2-bike rack that fits into a 1 1/4" hitch receiver and folds down to let you open hatchback etc.  if you have or can add a receiver, this might work for you, although you'd need to fold it down from outside when you stop to use rear door.  another possibility i'm looking at for this is to weld up a bike carrier "tower" that bolts onto rear step bumper, so I can still use the receiver for other stuff....i'm trying to add bikes, generator, and jerrycan to bumper.