EPDM or TPO

Vova

Who has installed a rubber roof on their rig?  Any feedback on what option you went with?

im finishing up a roof replacement and dry rot repair on my 87' Sea Breeze and need to order materials.

thanks in advance.

What are you covering over?  EPDM is meant to be glued down to plywood.  If you've not replaced the roof with new aluminum and have bare plywood to adhere to, then the rubber roof would work, you would just have to figure out sealing the transition joints. 

I removed the tin roof and replaced the plywood so it's ready to go.  Just not sure what rubber roof to use.

leaning towards EPDM since it's been around so long.  

The install kits for the roofs come with a transition strip.  I would just put the rubber roof over a small section of the tin roof and secure to the wooden cross member.

Most of it was good so I left it alone.  I did add a unistrut in the second to last rafter because of sagging from the ac.  I also added a 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 rafter support on the very with three helpers to prevent future sagging in the back of the cab.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg