Hey Everyone,

I'm going to do a rear frame extension on the back of my Sunrader shorty over the next month. Main purpose it to add stuff on there when going on trips. A cooler, bikes, bbq, gas, etc.

But I also want it to double as a platform to put a lightweight Honda XL 250 on there.I found an example on Instagram. I would like to finish off the top surface with some wood, so it feels like those boat extensions that sit in the water, and so I can use it to sit on as well.

Looked around here, but didn't much just yet. Can anyone here point me to the right direction?

Or does anyone here has some good tips? Or things to take in account? I'll do a report of the whole build here.

Thank you so much! 

Stijn

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 4.04.36 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_4.04.58_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_4.05.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_4.33.15_PM.png

i'm a bit confused,  are those examples of others you've seen?  there are 2 threads on here, incl one that's pinned Involving hanging a YAm (WR400?) and one that's really active right now, on roughly this topic.  pretty common mod.

check this out: 

I like how the guy in your last pic left open space in the center for the oil to drip from the bike    ;).......both that Kaw 750 bobber and the Triumph(?)(Norton?  BSA? Royal Enfield?) weigh twice what your XL250 does

I think I just figured out what you meant on "boat extensions"....those pods they put on the rear to move huge outboards back and add rear flotation to offset weight?

Edited by payaso del mar